Property investment books: The top 6 books you need in your life
Last updated: 16th May 2019
We’re constantly banging on about research when investing in property. And with good reason too – it’s just too important to overlook, no matter where you are in your property investment journey. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the 6 best property investment books you need in your life.
You’d be surprised at how many people get property research wrong. And that’s not just with the nitty-gritty property stuff, it’s also with them not having the right mindset or the right goals at the very start of the process.
That’s why we’re giving you this list of the best property investment books we’ve tried and tested. Most investment books will promise you the world and the falsely deliver, so we’re only suggesting ones that we know are guaranteed to help you along in your buy to let property investment journey.
The 6 best property investment books we’ve discovered:
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki – This is the book that has converted most people to the world of property investment. A tad surprising to most as it’s not actually about property itself, but the wealth creation aspect is very much relevant.
- The Magic of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz – Getting your mindset right and ready for that step into property investment is a must – and this book will help you do just that. Again, it’s not focused on property investment but it does encourage you to dream big. Not in a kind of “go hard or go home” kind of way, but one which will really help you focus on what you want to achieve.
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie – We’ve spoken at length about building your dream team, because property investment is as much about people as it is about property. With the amount of people that you’ll be in contact with throughout the investment process, this book offers useful and practical advice on building your network – aka your dream team!
- Total Recall by Arnold Schwarzenegger – The fact that we’re suggesting this book may come as a surprise to most (as Arnie is more famous for becoming Mr Olympia and a big screen movie star). But what most people don’t realise is that he became a millionaire through property investment. A definite must-read.
- The Millionaire Fastlane by MJ DeMarco – Before you let out a deep sigh, this is not a get-rich-quick book as the title might suggest. It features some pretty nifty tips and tricks on how to create wealth, and gets you thinking about wealth creation as a process, not an event.
- The Complete Guide to Property Investment by Rob Dix – We didn’t put this book on the list just because it’s our very own Rob Dix’s. It really is a great book if you’re just starting out and want to gain knowledge of how property investment works. Even if you’re already an experienced property investor, there’s a whole boat-load of information for you to digest in a non-jargon way.
So there you have it, our top 6 property investment books. Becoming a successful property investor doesn’t happen overnight, and the more information you soak up, the more you can process it, put it into action and get cracking.
If you’d like to find out more about these property investment books, you can head on over to our YouTube channel where Rob & Rob discuss them in more depth.
Or, you can listen to a previous podcast where Rob & Rob discuss the best property investment books they’ve read. And listen carefully, as there’s a bonus book on there that you might want to add to your list!
If you like what you’ve seen here, become a Hub Member and get access to all our online resources for free!