Jump to content


New Member
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


Contact Methods

  • Website URL

Profile Information

  • Location
  • Areas I invest in
    London. Leeds. North West
  • Property investment interests
    Buy To Let
    Service Accomodation
    Commercial Conversions
    North American Real Estate

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

EvolutionBlogger's Achievements

Obsessed member!

Obsessed member! (5/5)



  1. My honest suggestion is that you shouldn't try to time the market. If you've done your research, buy a decent property in a good area, then you'll do very well in the long run. Property is a long term wealth game. If you want to make money in property in a short period of time, then you need to look at development work, e.g. commercial conversions. But that's a more involved skill. I've written a ton of education articles about UK property on my website. I cover a range of strategies, and all articles are 100% free.
  2. You would need to approach your lender 1st and see if they would accept a 2nd charge
  3. The challenge you have is to get £2,500 pcm in profit from BTL. BTL yields aren't very high, so you need to invest a lot of money to get that sort of income. I have a couple of suggestions that could help you to achieve your goal: Have you considered commercial property? Yields of 10%+ are common place Do you have a pension? If you convert it to a SSAS, pension, then you can use pension funds to invest in property I've written articles about these strategies (and others) on my website
  4. Hi Rose. I think you're on the right track. They are all excellent locations, and it's great that you have a limited company. Most investors (myself included) wish we had started earlier. So my main suggestion, is don't wait any longer than you have to. Once you are comfortable with an investment, then jump in
  5. If £240,000 the amount you have for a deposit? You could buy 5 BTLs with that sum.. I would prefer to have two buy to lets. If you only have one property, it gets really stressful if it's empty
  6. I don't have much of an issue with this law. I'm just worried that a future Labour Govt will bring in rent controls
  7. With Commercial Property, it's not difficult to find properties with 10%+ yields. Whether that's retail, hairdressers, warehouses etc. You just need to go out view properties. Find somewhere in a good location, with good foot traffic. In the part of London I live in, residential property yields are under 3%... A more advanced (and profitable) strategy are commercial conversions. This is where you convert an old commercial properties into a modern residential property. The new residential property will often be worth 2/3x the old commercial property. SIPP Pensions can definitely be transferred to a SSAS. Let me know if you want to set up a (free) call
  8. I think we could be headed for something more dramatic than a healthy pause. Rising interest rates will hurt In the US, the Fed Funds rate is now at 2.5% and going higher. If we get 4% interest rates, how many mortgages will become unaffordable?
  9. HI Raman. That is a terrific goal. You might want to consider commercial too. It could help you achieve your goals a lot faster. Stamp duty is much lower for commercial properties. A £500k BTL has £30k of SDLT. A £500k commercial property has £14.5k. SDLT.
  10. Hi Lee. This is a great question. You're definitely thinking the right way to pass on a legacy for your son. So much to dive into: Property Courses Most property courses aren't worth the money. If you're doing BTL, Flips or serviced apartments, then your don't need to go to courses. Learn from free resources. If you want to become a property developer and do commercial conversions, then you'll have to pay for training. There's loads of money to be made in these projects. Nobody will teach you those skills for free. Capital You will run out of capital. We all do. Have you considered converting your pension into a SSAS pension? Inside a SSAS, you can buy property. You can also lend money to yourself, to buy more properties. I have written articles about this on my website. Legacy You can set up ltd co's to own property. These can be passed on to your son. If you structure it right, you can legally avoid inheritance tax BRRR I've got some bad news! BRRR really isn't possible in the UK. It's sold as a property strategy by 'internet gurus' that have never done a deal. It's possible to do BRRR deals in the US. You can buy an old house in Texas for $20k. Spend $50k to renovate it. The revalue the house at $200k. The UK is a small country and land is expensive. BRRR deals really aren't possible. Sourcing profitable deals Returns on BTL aren't high. Commercial yields are much higher. 10%+ are possible
  11. Contact citizens Advice and your local council. They can advise on how to proceed
  12. The SDLT surcharge is designed for 2nd homes and buy to let investors. We are all entitled to have one main home (our principal private residence). The PPR comes with tax benefits, including no CGT and no SDLT surcharge I wrote an article about the tax benefits of principal private residence here You should definitely speak to your solicitor. However, just note that some solicitors are very cautious on these matters and may not apply SDLT tax breaks that you are entitled to. I think that there are over 50 reliefs available in the 2003 Stamp Duty Land Tax Act. Not a lot of people know that.
  13. I definitely think we're headed for a slowdown. Interest rate rises are a sure fire way to reduce house prices I rather think it's a good thing. House prices need to come down. In London, property is unaffordable unless you're an oligarch
  14. If you want the money to be paid back, then it's not a gift. Some lenders have issues with gifts too
  15. If someone is selling their property via an agent, then it will be sold at market price (by definition). This forum doesn't have many threads on commercial. I have some articles on my website. If you have a pension, then you can convert it into a SSAS pension. A SSAS Pension can own commercial property. You can also lend money from your SSAS pension to yourself, in order to fund property purchases. You essentially become your own bank, and can use your pension funds to boost income outside of your pension. It's a very powerful tool. One very popular strategy is commercial conversions. You can convert commercial property to residential, under permitted development rules. This can be very profitable, but you will need to do some education
  • Create New...