Jump to content

Jason McClean

New Member
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jason McClean

  1. Hi Bazz More of a legal question than insurance I'm afraid. The insurance just needs to note all interested parties to be valid.
  2. Hi James That price suggests a rebuild cost of approximately £5million. Are they all mansion sized flats and listed? If not, then chances are you are paying a lot more than needed. If interested, give me a call or email below and I'll sort out very high cover but at a market leading price. We insure a lot of blocks of flats!
  3. Hi Jordan We don't offer appliance insurance, only landlord home emergency. Try British Gas or similar, but I think you will find it difficult to justify the cost of any insurance against benefit I suspect.
  4. Hi Peter I work with Rob Dix on insurance and would be happy to work on your insurance with you, just give me a call or mail on the details below if you want a quote. I am a landlord myself, so do speak the same language!
  5. Hi Doug, You need to get renovation insurance to begin with that allows unoccupancy. Then when a tenant moves in, change to Landlord Insurance. If the Company owns the property, then the insurance needs to be in the company name. Easy to sort, give me a call on 01832-735388 and quote Property Hub and 'll quote for you.
  6. Hi Maria You'll need to read the policy and decide whether it is up to scratch for you. The problem is you cannot buy buildings insurance for a property you lease. Hope this helps.
  7. Hi GM It is the freeholder that needs to put the property insurance in place. Rent to rent is easy to provide, but it needs to be the freeholder that buys it. Hope this helps.
  8. Hi Kris Give us a call if you still need this - sorry for the delay coming back to you, been very busy! 01832-735388
  9. Hi K Our offer is £125 for the year with up to £75,000 per year in claims allowed (£6250 per month), with £50k legal expenses included. There is no excess payment either. You do need to have your tenants pass a credit check, supply proof of address, employer references, utility bill and identification to apply the insurance. We operate the offer that runs through Property Geek, please see here: https://www.propertygeek.net/article/rent-guarantee-insurance/ If I can help any further, let me know on the number below! Jason McClean www.thehomeinsurer.co.uk 01832-735388
  10. Hi Tim It's up to the underwriters and their appetite to risk and tenants. Try getting insurance for Asylum Seekers and you'll get a lot of rejections.
  11. Hi Stuart We can cover non standard construction and commercial/buy to let flood requirement. You are in a low flood risk area, so I would need to speak with you to get more information to sort a quote. Normally, if all in order and no prior flooding, terms come out very close to standard. The construction is not an issue, we will recognise it on the policy. Do call if I can help further.
  12. Hi Andrewv Our offer is £125 for the year with up to £75,000 per year in claims allowed (£6250 per month), with £50k legal expenses included. There is no excess payment either. You do need to have your tenants pass a credit check to apply the insurance. If I can help any further, let me know on the numbers below!
  13. Hi Alex I know Oddie Dalton, good little firm and we have worked with them in the past. May be good on renovation but the issue with Hull is flooding and that is a very different risk. Either way, I would recommend trying a couple of firms to see if you can get landlord insurance with flood cover. Hope this helps.
  14. Hi Naj Give me a call tomorrow and I'll see if I can help with the flood insurance you need. The Home Insurer is recommended by The Property Hub & The National Flood Forum and we are one of the few brokers that can offer rates for let property with flood included in the UK. Nor sure who Alex is recommending, keen to find out though as not many can offer flood/landlord.
  15. Hi Naj Hull is known as a flood risk area for insurers, it's worth checking out you can get flood insurance ahead of purchasing. In most cases we can deliver, but it is not straightforward.
  16. Hi Winnie As long as you have landlords insurance, you should report as a claim and see if they will fix for you. Certainly, if you opted for accidental damage cover, then you'd be confident it would cover, however, it may still be covered under the buildings policy.
  17. Hi Alex If you use a reputable builder, then their All Risks insurance should be fine, just make sure you see it ahead of working with them. Renovation Insurance will cover the property during renovation, but will exclude contractor risks as I am sure you are aware.
  18. Hi Guy Try on 01832-735388 or 07734-113554, look forward to talking soon.
  19. Hi Patrick Only seeing this now, if I can help, please call on the number below!
  20. Hi Guy It's all down to your attitude to risk. Low risk means go for Rent Guarantee Insurance and Home Emergency. Both are relatively low cost compared with the potential losses. But if you tenant reference, do you really need rent guarantee? If you get the boiler serviced annually, do you really need home emergency. Happy to talk it through if you want to call and I can provide both if needed.
  21. Hi Eamon You'll get reinstatement or rebuild value from the mortgage valuation. After that, it is a survey to get it accurate. The online calculators aren't terribly helpful - approx costs can be from £100,000 - £300,000 in some cases...
  22. Hi All We can offer excellent landlord rates right now, never been beaten on like for like policies! Let me know if I can help.
  23. Hi jj It sounds like they didn't want you renew your policy, we are finding rates are competitive compared to last year, indeed, saving a lot of money for landlords. Let me know if I can help further!
  24. Hi Julie A property portfolio is great and a good way to add or remove property from risk when buying or selling.
  25. Hi goslingl12 The main insurance is landlords buildings and/or contents insurance. Same as your home insurance but for a rental property with a tenant on an AST. Loss of rent is normally covered in buildings insurance. Accidental damage can be specified for buildings/contents insurance. Liability is often included in buildings or contents insurance Emergency, legal expenses and rent guarantee are all add on products you can buy if you want to be belt and braced against perils. Hope this helps!
  • Create New...