Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'architects drawings'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Property Hub
    • Housekeeping
    • Property in the news
    • Introduce yourself
    • General property discussion
    • I need advice!
    • Progress journals
    • Property Podcast discussion
    • Property Hub University
    • Chit-Chat
  • The Property Hub Summit


There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Website URL



Areas I invest in

About me

Property investment interests

My skills

My goals

Interests outside property

Found 2 results

  1. Dear Property Hub community, My name is Luis, I'm a Spanish Construction Engineer that has lived half of his life already here in the UK. I'm passionate about property investment, for now I've done mainly buy to lets and a couple flips. I'm MCIOB, so charted construction manager and I've got my own small design and build company in partnership with an architect and a Surveyor. I'm also working my way into becoming a residential valuer through RICS. almost there, but not just yet! I would be very happy to help anyone interested in investing in property so I can learn about what kind of projects other people do so please do not hesitate to contact me if you've got any worries or queries regarding current or future projects, building works on the go, issues with a fellow builder (we can be a handful sometimes but with patience and beer you might get a smile!) or any others that you think I might be able to help with. I specially love looking at projects to be, feasibility studies to explore the potential of a deal. I'm happy to give rough estimates free of charge and also my opinion as a construction professional on how easy - challenging the idea you've got in mind can be. Bests, Luis
  2. Me again! (This is another post related to the one I made earlier about getting freeholder's permission for change of use) If we have application (including architects drawings) from a few years ago, done by the person who we just bought the property off: can we use those old drawings in the council application (assuming we are not doing anything majorly different, perhaps toilet and sink swap positions in bathroom) or do we need to get an architect to do them again for us? It's just internal works changing retail unit into residential studio. So installing kitchen, shower room, double glazing front window) Also, is it better to pay an architect to do the application (they have experience, I don't so I might miss something or be at a disadvantage with regards to the terminology required) or is it a simple process I could do and save money? I would rather learn how to do it myself but also don't want to jeopardise getting it right and as soon as possible so we can start the refurb. Is it false economy? I've tried reading council website, contacting them, but so far I haven't been able to find an answer. It's in a permitted development area so we just need to submit plans for approval rather than permission as such. Yikes, am I already confusing semantics?! Any help would be much appreciated - thanks in advance hubbers! Nat
  • Create New...