Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'buildings insurance'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Property Hub
    • Housekeeping
    • Property in the news
    • Introduce yourself
    • General property discussion
    • I need advice!
    • Progress journals
    • Property Podcast discussion
    • Property Hub University
    • Chit-Chat
  • The Property Hub Summit


There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Website URL



Areas I invest in

About me

Property investment interests

My skills

My goals

Interests outside property

Found 4 results

  1. Hello, I have two questions regarding buildings insurance that i would be grateful if you could answer. I am currently renting out my flat (unfurnished), I contacted the factors regarding this and they told me that i do not need to notify the building insurance provider regarding this and stated that I should take out additional landlord insurance. I was under the impression that both buildings and landlord insurance were both very similar and you only need one, is this correct? I am not worried about contents insurance. I also asked the factors, if i coul
  2. Hi everyone, Looking for some advice/insights if anyone can help. Fallen in love with a property, very old, lovely large garden, great location. Ticks all our boxes aside from needing some work, as to be expected with an old cottage. We were told upfront that a claim was underway for low level, localised subsidence and work would be complete before we finalized purchase.. The work includes strapping and re-filling cracks and the subsidence is categorised as low risk, caused by tree roots. Our bank were aware of remedial works before their own survey but in light of the work, the
  3. Hi Folks, I have had an enquiry from a lady who is doing a barn conversion and her builder has advised her to get a 'progressive building insurance policy' where the level of cover increases as the build progresses. I must admit that I haven't come accross this type of policy before but I said I'd ask around and point her in the right direction if I can. Can anyone recommend a broker/insurer? Thanks, Tim
  4. Hello Everyone, all the best in New Year! I’m in the process of buying my first BTL property. This is very exciting :-) My offer was accepted and I’m finalising the mortgage! I'm buying my property through an estate agent, so not the deal of the century, but still happy about it. I need to find a good Landlords Insurance and have no clue which one is the best. I read different articles, reviews, listened to the podcast and have not been able to make a decision. From what I’ve read I will need buildings insurance and public liability insurance. I was wondering about the NL
  • Create New...