Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'c3'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Property Hub
    • Housekeeping
    • Property in the news
    • Introduce yourself
    • General property discussion
    • I need advice!
    • Progress journals
    • Property Podcast discussion
    • Property Hub University
    • Chit-Chat
  • The Property Hub Summit


There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Website URL



Areas I invest in

About me

Property investment interests

My skills

My goals

Interests outside property

Found 2 results

  1. Ok, bear with me... I'm buying a 3 bed flat which has been let for a long time by the vendor (around 15 years I think, since new build) to students on (I guess) a single AST.; It's an article 4 area, and I'm pretty sure the vendor never bothered with planning for c4 when the area moved to article 4 around 10 years ago. Area also has local HMO license rules, that state that 3 bed or more needs a license. Totally on the case with that, I understand the process, and the reasons behind it (i.e: money grabbing council! ). Even if I end up with a family living there, I'll get the license to give flexibility, I want to open the property to a wide market (families, groups on a single ast, I don't want a full-on 'by the room' HMO). So, my question; While I understand the need for HMO Planning, and even for Article 4.... is it relevant here? Changes to the fabric of the building required = none. All of the work that you'd associate with HMO license has been done (fire doors, alarms, etc). So I'd be applying for Planning Permission for 3 people to live there on a single AST, which they've always done, and which the building is clearly made for. Does the fact that it's been rented to a group "forming 3 households" for so long, help at all? With thanks, J
  2. Hi all on the Residential landlords association website it says you can change from C3 use to C4 use without planning and it says this also applies to flats. i contacted my local planning authority and they said they didn't know, as flats don't have the same permitted development rights as houses. Planning portal doesn't specify flats in any of the categories just 'dwellinghouses'. The local authority wants me to pay £172 for pre planning advice so they can decide if it's okay or not, if not I would need to submit a planning application at further cost. Surely this is something that's been done before or they should know which category a flat falls into !? There are quite a few of them in the UK... can a flat be changed from c3 to c4 use without planning? There is no article 4 on the property. Has anyone else had this issue or know any further details on the topic before I spend any money? Many thanks Jen
  • Create New...