Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'legal adivce'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Property Hub
    • Housekeeping
    • Property in the news
    • Introduce yourself
    • General property discussion
    • I need advice!
    • Progress journals
    • Property Podcast discussion
    • Property Hub University
    • Chit-Chat
  • The Property Hub Summit

Calendars

There are no results to display.


Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Website URL


Skype


Location


Areas I invest in


About me


Property investment interests


My skills


My goals


Interests outside property

Found 3 results

  1. My contract allowed me to rescind and reclaim my deposit (20% of purchase) in full if the developer failed to serve notice of completion past the specified long stop date. I exercised this option few months past the long stop date with the property still not completed. The developer has withheld the deposit for several months, claiming he needs to find another buyer before releasing my deposit. The release of the deposit is non-contingent on this condition. My solicitor is unable to persuade the developer’s solicitors to release my deposit. Please advise what is the best course of action? I Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  2. Hi, I'm buying a leasehold flat in London. The building was built 10 years ago. The landlord at the time was the house builder, let's call it A. After a few years, A transferred or sold their rights to B, which is the current landlord. Somehow there was no change to the Title register so A's name is still there. My solicitor raised a query three months ago asking for the Title restrictions to be updated. But the seller's solicitor only started to do this just before Xmas. They submitted form RX2 to replace A with B. However, the Land Registry replied and told them to use form RX3 to remove A and use form RX1 to add B. At this point, the seller's solicitor informed us that he would not submit any forms. He says that this can be done post completion by us. He also says Land Registry may raise queries so there will be further delays. My solicitor simply said that this is a defect on the Title and it's for them to sort out. Who's right? What is the best course of action for me? This sale has been delayed and we want to complete it asap. Thank you.
  3. hi All, I'm looking for advice with regards to my 2 bed flat in London that I am currently living in, as have heard conflicting points of view. The flat is in an old Victorian block, and there is shared access to the loft. In reality no one else has access to it other than myself via my flat. The loft is quite large and I would like to covert it into a third bedroom and add a balcony and small outside space. I consulted my conveyancing solicitor and he advised I would need to purchase the loft from free holder before converting. However, my next door neighbour has already done his and told me he simply applied to do it via the land registry (?!) and insists not necessary to buy the loft. Does anyone have any knowledge on this area and can shed some light? One particular concern is; if I don't buy the loft from freeholder and then renovate, is there then a risk I will not realise the added value of the loft conversion when I come to sell on the flat further down the line? Many thanks in advance everyone. Mark
×
×
  • Create New...