Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'tax relief'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Property Hub
    • Housekeeping
    • Property in the news
    • Introduce yourself
    • General property discussion
    • I need advice!
    • Progress journals
    • Property Podcast discussion
    • Property Hub University
    • Chit-Chat
  • The Property Hub Summit


There are no results to display.

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start



Website URL



Areas I invest in

About me

Property investment interests

My skills

My goals

Interests outside property

Found 5 results

  1. Afternoon all, We have just finished work on the updated version of our buy-to-let tax calculator, which includes a new function that landlords might find useful. As well as the standard income tax calculations, the 2016/17 version includes an optional drop-down menu that allows you to select a future tax year between 2017/18 and 2020/21 onwards. (If you don't select anything, the calculator will default to the current tax year.) Using this option will provide an indication of how the phased withdrawal of BTL tax relief might affect your tax bill at each of the four stages. htt
  2. Hi, I’m looking to gift one of my personally owned BTL properties to my wife in order to benefit from her lower tax bracket. I’ve read that property can be gifted by either (1) legal ownership change or (2) beneficial interest change – the main difference between the two that beneficial ownership gives an economic interest in the property (i.e. share in: rent proceeds/ sale proceeds/ tax benefits) but no legal ownership & control. Has anyone gone through this process? Any advice on how difficult/straightforward it is? Cheers
  3. Hi, I'm looking at selling a property that was gifted and am trying to determine if CGT needs paying on it. Property was gifted in September 2016 to 2 people split 50/50 ownership. Value in 2016 ~250k Value now 2019 ~265k So based on 7.5k profit (15k / 2), minus costs ~3k each and minus CGT allowance (12k per person) I work out that no CGT would be payable. However the property has been let for most of that period (Feb 2017 - now). So I'm not sure how this works CGT wise. Question: I'm getting a little confused if we would get letting relief and residence rel
  4. Louise Misiewicz and her team of property tax experts are on hand to best advise our clients on how to maximise their pension contributions in the most tax-efficient way, and it’s also worth considering the impact of pension contributions within your overall property portfolio and wealth planning arrangements during 2017. http://www.optimiseaccountants.co.uk/pension-contributions-and-tax-relief-for-employers-and-employees/#.WXb9bdMrKRt
  5. The problem — 28% CGT is a lot of tax to pay I wrote an extensive article about the budget changes and how many residential property investors, especially higher rate taxpayers, have been targeted by George Osborne in the following ways: The reduction of mortgage interest relief to a basic rate taxpayer level of 20% The removal of the 10% wear and tear allowance The new 3% stamp duty land tax (SDLT) surcharge for additional properties There are many other issues identified within the article but the above three “features” can be crushing to the point where you can make a loss on yo
  • Create New...