BTL Insurance for a single let

Lee...

Landlord Buildings Insurance for a single let. Currently with Payment Shield. Renewal quote has gone up to £360. So currently shopping around, Maras Insurance have quoted £320, Directline £271. Any other recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Hi Lee

I have have found iInsure365 to have a good combination of cover, value and service if you want to give them a try: http://www.iinsure365.co.uk/

Mention me to Charlotte if you make contact and I am sure she and her team will look after you.

Best

Richard

Richard W J Brown a.k.a. The Property Voice

Property Investment Strategist

10%+ ROI property deals every week: check out PROPERTY DEAL TIPS
Amazon best-selling author Property Investor Toolkit & #PropTech, YPN Magazine columnist & PODCAST host

Web & Blog: The Property Voice | Curated property news & insights feed

Facebook Page | TwitterLinked In

Let's connect...mention The Property Hub :)

• 2 weeks later...

When choosing your insurance company make sure you read the small print and what is and isn't covered.  Cheapest may not be best and at times positively scary as your search for cost savings could cost you dearly when you are trying to make a claim.  Some companies who offer things like "we'll beat any quote..." often are able to do so because more common features are not covered or have outrageously high excess tariffs  I had £10,00 flood excess sneaked into one policy I was offered for one of my properties in Boston following last December's Tidal Surge which flooded some parts of the town 1/2 mile+ from my property.

Check it covers landlordy stuff and includes things like public liability cover of £3m+ etc - make sure it is a specific landlord insurance as standard buildings insurance is not sufficient - some (possibly all) standard private owned household buildings insurance may be invalidated if the insurance company finds it is let out.

I have used Let4sure & letrisks as well as Intersure but there are many and which is best may depend on the postcodes of your properties