Hull or Manchester?

Eve

Hello everyone my name is Eve and I’m new to the forum. 

I’ve read through some of the different posts and gleaned quite a lot already so thanks to all for sharing your experiences. 

I have a couple of questions as I’m looking to finally buy my first BTL.

Firstly which in you guys experience is a better place to invest Hull or Manchester? I’m looking for my first couple of investments to be high rental yields and as such 

I’m leaning more towards Manchester although it’s quite pricey given how much one beds are going for close to the city centre and my concern is I would lock down quite a bit of capital in just one property. 

Second question is how do you buy properties below market value in order to maximise your profits? I’ve this and understand the principle but not sure how to source such properties as the properties I see which are bmv are because work is required which I’m not yet ready to take on. 

Thanks

Hi Eve,

Welcome to the forum and great to see that you’re looking to invest!!

Generally both Hull and Manchester are great places to invest in. Where are you located? You could consider looking at the outskirts of these cities or somewhere close to yourself to see if the prices there are more suitable.

I’m looking for my first couple of investments to be high rental yields

Good to see also that you know what you are looking for in your investments.

In terms of BMV there are some on the market that don’t need refurbishing, but then others need a lot of work. It all depends on what you find and how much work you want to put into it. It may be worth looking at what properties have previously sold for in the areas to get an idea of what is currently BMV.

Hope this is helpful and if you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to ask.