Jump to content
craigh

Rapid Secure invoice

Recommended Posts

Hi all

I have received a letter from Rapid Secure who work with the police to secure properties after any incident has left the property unsecured. The bill is for £204 and is addressed to me at my home address as the "client address" and the rental property as the "call out address".

The envelope is dated 9/1/19 but the letter is dated 18/6/18. It also states that the payment term is 14 days. Seems a little fishy to me.

The tenant advised me that his girlfriend and himself had a domestic issue around that time and the police were called although I am not aware of the nitty gritty details (and don't want to know).

I have emailed the company and advised that I am the landlord and have given the mobile numbers of both tenants.

Has anyone had experience of this before? I certainly don't plan on paying it myself but also don't want to get myself into any issues.

Thanks in advance.

Craig

Share this post


Link to post

I had one from them and just gave up and paid it rather than have any potential impact on my credit rating, but the whole thing feels like a scam.

 

In my case, a window was bricked at a property, police were called who then called this lot out, as they have a national agreement to do all the police work. I therefore suggested they bill the police, since they ordered it, but apparently the police are allowed to have properties made secure at the owner's expense. All they did was nailed a bit of plywood over it, so then had to pay to get window fixed as well. I've no problem with properties being made secure for the tenant, but this feels like a great way to make money, if you can get the gig with the police - send someone out with a bit of wood and then send out the standard bill to someone who knows nothing about it, has no chance to determine if it's value for money or agrees to it. Wonder if this was bid for or if they were appointed like that ferry company without any ferries?

Share this post


Link to post

Ive had two of these, one for securing a property that i own and one for a property that i now own, but when the work was carried out i did not.

Apparently they tried to get the monie from the tenant, but failed so as the landlord im responsible, then its my job to recover from my tenant. Who is not the easiest person to deal with.

Does anyone have any experience in this field before i ask my lawyer?

The bills are for £210 and £270 respectively.

 

Nick.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi all,

I wouldn't pay it unless the company can demonstrate a point of law that says I have to pay it.

The police say this....blah..blah....we fixed that...blah blah is meaningless.

Show me a signature on an instruction, written confirmation I'm happy to pay, or an act of parliament that says none of these are needed.

If not ^^...I'd see them in court.

Police have certain powers ...granted...put to go round spending other peoples money...I doubt is one of them.

If it's all above board, ( sorry for the pun) the company in question will be able to immediately quote you the law that demands for you to pay.

I've been threatened with court action many times...from some very big names...and I'm still waiting.

7 hours ago, skippie said:

 one for a property that i now own, but when the work was carried out i did not.

This ^^ appears to be very wrong. Why would you pay the invoice for this?

Hope my opinion helps someone.

Conrad

 


Conrad Paton

+44 7957 959851

conradpaton@yahoo.co.uk

https://www.linkedin.com/in/conrad-paton-424446110

 

Share this post


Link to post

I had dealings with these cowboys and conditionally accepted their bill on verification of lawful claim. I've heard nothing back, that was Feb 2018

 

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 11:46 AM, craigh said:

Hi all

I have received a letter from Rapid Secure who work with the police to secure properties after any incident has left the property unsecured. The bill is for £204 and is addressed to me at my home address as the "client address" and the rental property as the "call out address".

The envelope is dated 9/1/19 but the letter is dated 18/6/18. It also states that the payment term is 14 days. Seems a little fishy to me.

The tenant advised me that his girlfriend and himself had a domestic issue around that time and the police were called although I am not aware of the nitty gritty details (and don't want to know).

I have emailed the company and advised that I am the landlord and have given the mobile numbers of both tenants.

Has anyone had experience of this before? I certainly don't plan on paying it myself but also don't want to get myself into any issues.

Thanks in advance.

Craig

In this era of data protection and GDPR should you really have given the tenants mobile numbers out?

I recently phoned my local council tax office to inform them that new tenants had moved in and they asked for their details. I didn't want to give them out but was told I had too. Not sure if this is correct either.

Share this post


Link to post

Hi

1 hour ago, Craig W M said:

 

I recently phoned my local council tax office to inform them that new tenants had moved in and they asked for their details. I didn't want to give them out but was told I had too. Not sure if this is correct either.

Nope...you only need tell your council tax office that you have moved out/not liable to pay from a certain date.

The council then write to the new occupiers (in this case your tenants) andcdeal with them directly.

Conrad


Conrad Paton

+44 7957 959851

conradpaton@yahoo.co.uk

https://www.linkedin.com/in/conrad-paton-424446110

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×