dbrist02

My tenants are drug dealers??

Good afternoon all, 

I have just had a phone call from the company who managed the block of flats to which I own one.

They have informed me that another flat owner within the block is accusing my tenants of dealing drugs in or around the flat. What should i do? do i have to do anything? do i have any responsibilities? or Is this just a nosey neighbor?

Tenants have always been reasonable with me, paid on time etc

Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

Dan

Hi Dan, 

Wondering if you got a resolution to this problem? I see  you posted some time ago

If my tenants were accused of this, I would want to speak to the neighbour to find out where the accusation was stemming from. Dependant on what was said, I would then possibly look at speaking to my tenants to try and diffuse the situation. 

If the tenant always pays on time then you clearly want to retain them. However, drug dealers tend to attract trouble and you probably don't want that at your property. 

I always try my best to appease my BTL neighbours by always considering their requests. But if I don't agree with their view or requests then I usually speak to them and put my reasons behind it

Hope you get it sorted

Feel free to add me on Linkedin;   https://uk.linkedin.com/in/dkidd