kent614

Most valuable habits for life

There are some really great quotes on habits, such as : 

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit"

and also, 

"Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going"

And I have been reading books on how to develop habits, and small habits developed today can have a massive impact over the rest of our lives. 

So I am interested to know, What habits do you guys have ? What habits do you think is the most valuable and useful especially over the long term, and any suggestions or ideas on how one can start to develop those habits and make those small changes for big impact ?

1) Spend less than you earn. Everything else you can do after that, but if you don't get that bit you'll always be poor regardless of how much stuff you have around you.

2) Buy assets, not liabilities. Use your assets to pay for your liabilities. Probably the key thing from Rich Dad Poor Dad.

Doesn'tmatter whether you work for others or for yourself, spend less than you earn and buy assets and one day you'll be free to live the life you want without the job. How quickly is just a matter of scale

Plan your day the night before, and identify your most important task so you can do it first. I've been doing it for years, and there's a bit efficiency boost from waking up knowing exactly what you're going to do. It also gives your brain the ability to be processing it in the background overnight.

I also believe that seeing the positive in situations is a habit. If you spend 60 days deliberately trying to find the silver lining in everything bad that happens (even if it's a struggle and you don't actually believe what you're telling yourself), you'll eventually "brainwash" yourself and start doing it automatically.

I always remind myself that every moment of the day is a choice, down to how I feel, and that I can always change what I'm doing.

It helps me to take control of my days and my life, rather than being passive and going along with what's 'normal', easiest, or just the status quo, often without realising.

Planning out what I need to do by writing it all down. Adding reminders to my calendar, this ensures I know what needs to be done and by when. This makes it a lot easier for me than having to remember it all. I'm bound to forget something or miss a deadline