Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  


Recommended Posts

Hi Fellow Hubbers, hope someone can advise me.

My tenant asked the Council to visit my property and the council visited under Housing Health and Safety Act section 239 and identified issues with electrics, ventilation and heating which they have asked me to rectify at great cost. However, what I don't understand is that this is a brand new conversion consisting of 16 flats and I have a completed Building Regulations Certificate from an external approved regulator (not the council). Why did the Council not reject this build if it did not meet building regulations ? All the flats have the same layout, can they ask me to rectify mine only with out rectifying the whole build ? who is ultimately responsible if I want to claim compensation - the developer,  the architect, the builder, the building regulator ?

I have a 6 year architect certificate with this build.

Look forward to advice. Kind Regards,

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this