Rich Dad Poor Dad Cashflow Game

Hello,

I've read many of the Rich Dad Poor Dad literature and have seen that the Kiyosaki's CASHFLOW board game has been heavily advertised throughout.

It's quite a pricey board game (you can get it in the UK for around £70.00) - something Kiyosaki explains in his book is 'in order to attract the right target market with a higher retail price'.

I wondered has anyone played this board game and is it really as good as they say it is?

Alternatively, does anyone recommend alternative 'games' or training? 

TIA.

• 1 month later...

I'm late to reading Rich Dad, Poor Dad - having only done so in the last few weeks.  Following that I went looking for information on the Cashflow game mentioned, I found this review quite interesting - apparently not written by property people! ;-) https://www.millennial-revolution.com/invest/learned-playing-robert-kiyosakis-cashflow-board-game/

As Dino mentioned, there's also a free online version, available here: https://www.richdad.com/apps-games/cashflow-classic I've not tried it yet though.  I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has?

Alternative or improved games along the same educational lines would also be great?  I'd like something I can play with my (early) teenage children.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/27/2019 at 10:32 PM, simon pither said:

As Dino mentioned, there's also a free online version, available here: https://www.richdad.com/apps-games/cashflow-classic I've not tried it yet though.  I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has?

I've played the online version quite a few times...I think it's quite beneficial if, like me, the property asset and passive income worlds in general are quite new...It definitely helps to create that shift in thinking about money from the usual  ''Get a job'' then ''Save for a pension'' mentality that is all pervasive to the ''Income via assets'' mode of thinking...Especially assets in terms of ''Cashflow'' from rental properties.  

The free online version is no doubt less detailed than the paid version, but I think it's a good enough alternative to the bought version to get the point across in what it's trying to teach...I don't have kids but i would buy the pricy version if I did for the fun factor...As far as it being a huge difference to the online version though, I suspect any differences are negligible in terms of education...Think of it like a more educational version of Monopoly and you wouldn't be too far off the mark. 

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I would like to know what you know about nft gaming? I heard that in this industry it is very important to find the right platforms to be able to see positive results. This business has become very popular very fast and I would like to know more about it before it loses its prominence. If you know more information about it I would love to hear from you.