Entrepreneurial but also utterly geeky

Greetings PropertyHubbers! I'm Diana, based in SE London, and have been brought to the forum by Rob D's inspiring books in property investment (thanks Rob D, I've turned into a fan!). I have a very mixed professional background, having worked in private, charity, academic and public sectors - and that's because I'm essentially a big fan of learning and of trying new things. At heart, I'm very entrepreneurial, and I've never been a fan of full-time work, so I'm dreaming of the day I will become financially independent. My dad has always inspired me with his entrepreneurial and property investor mindset (although I'm not sure if he's a rich or a poor dad!), but the seeds are only now starting to blossom in my mind. I'm ready to start as an investor, and very much interested in property investing, especially in the BTL sector, but I'm only now starting to save for my first property, so I'm still at least a year or two away. Using this time to learn and get my feet wet. I'm very nerdy, I devour books but also love spending time buried in spreadsheets and numbers.

I'm keen to learn and driven to action, but I don't have any social networks in the property investment space. None of my friends know about or are interested in property investment. So I would be really keen to hear from fellow experienced investors, to discover inspiring mentors, and to exchange impressions. I already have a few ideas on my first few potential investments, but I have no one to bounce them off!

Really happy to be part of this community, and keen to learn from you all!

Diana