Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi Everyone,

I have made the decision to travel up to Leeds next weekend to carry out some viewings on property up to about £110,000.

Only have 1 day and i want to make the most of the trip to get a feel and understanding of what and where is good new for a B2L and i don't want to waste any time doing it.

can anyone advise me on some particular B2L hotspots in Leeds that i should make sure i go and see? I am split between going for a 1 or 2 bed apartment or a 2 bed terraced house that needs some TLC. 

 

any advise would be really welcome.

 

Link to post

Can't advise you on Leeds, as a long time since I was a student there and no idea what your money will get you. What I would say is be clear what you want out of it - a 1or 2 bed apartment is likely to give you different things than a terrace at a similar value. Both can be good, if they are delivering what you want for your goals or alternatively either can distract you from what you want.

Link to post

Probably a bit late, but the areas I would look at in Leeds with the budget you have would be: Armley, Bramley, Wortley, Farnley, Stanningley, Pudsey, Hyde Park, city centre, norther quarter, Morley.

The other areas in your budget but in my opinion less desirable would be: Hunslet, Harehills, Cross Green, Burmatofts, Belle Isle, Holbeck, Beeston, Middleton.

Feel free to ask me any questions on Leeds, I've been here 5 years now so getting to know the areas.

 

Link to post
On 5/10/2019 at 3:17 PM, Djpix99 said:

Probably a bit late, but the areas I would look at in Leeds with the budget you have would be: Armley, Bramley, Wortley, Farnley, Stanningley, Pudsey, Hyde Park, city centre, norther quarter, Morley.

The other areas in your budget but in my opinion less desirable would be: Hunslet, Harehills, Cross Green, Burmatofts, Belle Isle, Holbeck, Beeston, Middleton.

Feel free to ask me any questions on Leeds, I've been here 5 years now so getting to know the areas.

 

Thank you for your suggestions I spent the day today viewing places in different areas I have definitely decided against beeston and harehills. I saw some interesting off plan developments in southbank area in a place they called green quarter. 

I cant believe how buzzing the city centre is  and I’m confident there is some major growth due over the coming years. 

I will I’ll have a look on the maps at the areas you have suggested so thank you for that. 

Link to post
  • 2 months later...

Hi guys, 

I hope you are all well?

I have around £60,000 to invest and was looking to get hopefully 2 freehold houses, 2 - 3 bed I think on the suburbs of Leeds.

I guess Chapel Allerton & Horsforth are out the equation as they would be too expensive.

I am swaying towards more Morley but I was wondering if you think there are other good areas to invest in Leeds? 

I am looking for mainly cashflow as I am 21 and want that constant cashflow income but I don't like the sound of harehills and other east areas in Leeds due to how rough and the crime there.

I'd love to know all of your thoughts!

Many thanks,

Adam

@AssetsAdam

Link to post

@adam t smith with that budget I would look at West Leeds i.e. Bramley, Armley, stanningley, Pudsey. 2 bed terraces in armley start around £80k, in the other areas more £100k+. 

Other areas Popular areas just about in your price range would be: Hyde Park, Burley and Kirkstall, all popular with students and graduates stay on in Leeds.

Link to post
3 hours ago, Djpix99 said:

@adam t smith with that budget I would look at West Leeds i.e. Bramley, Armley, stanningley, Pudsey. 2 bed terraces in armley start around £80k, in the other areas more £100k+. 

Other areas Popular areas just about in your price range would be: Hyde Park, Burley and Kirkstall, all popular with students and graduates stay on in Leeds.

Hey buddy,

Thanks for the reply and advise.

I have done some due diligence and Morely stands out for me due to its train station with being direct into the center of leeds in 8 minutes

Good schools & Crime rate is low. Need to do some more research on the amenaties and employers but will do that soon as I am going down their saturday for a few viewings.

The prices are good for the yield as well as it has good links to the motorway as well.

Thanks again buddy for the advice!

Adam

Link to post

@adam t smith if I'm honest I don't know Morley that well, but I've heard it nice from others that live around there. Employers wise you have Hermes head office/contact centre , NHS Shared Business Services, HSBC, O2 and Capita all nearby Morley, so pretty good in my opinion.

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2019 at 3:48 PM, adam t smith said:

Hi guys, 

I hope you are all well?

I have around £60,000 to invest and was looking to get hopefully 2 freehold houses, 2 - 3 bed I think on the suburbs of Leeds.

I guess Chapel Allerton & Horsforth are out the equation as they would be too expensive.

I am swaying towards more Morley but I was wondering if you think there are other good areas to invest in Leeds? 

I am looking for mainly cashflow as I am 21 and want that constant cashflow income but I don't like the sound of harehills and other east areas in Leeds due to how rough and the crime there.

I'd love to know all of your thoughts!

Many thanks,

Adam

@AssetsAdam

Hi Adam,

As a new member I've just been trawling the forum to see what it's all about and just noticed this thread. As I'm from Leeds myself I maybe able to offer some advice based on my knowledge of the area.

Morley would be a good shout due to the reasons you've previously listed. Bramley can be a little hit and miss depending on whereabouts in the area some good parts some bad parts. Pudsey, Farsley, Wortley, Stanningley also are worth a mention. Armley does have it's fair share of crime however again there are parts which are ok.

Another location which is often overlooked is Swinnow. It's in between Pudsey and Bramley and is close to Bramley train station as well as having several bus routes to Leeds City Centre.

Areas I'd avoid would be Beeston, Harehills, Chapeltown, Whinmoor, Halton Moor, Belle Isle, Middleton and Holbeck.

Regards,

Danny P

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...