I'll be looking to refinance my property in the next 6-12 months to pull out the initial deposit (recycle my cash out). What do people do to ensure they get the valuation that the want back out from the mortgage company?

I thought about doing a revaluation pack to show all the work that's been carried out, including before and after photos. Does anyone have a pack that they've done that they wouldn't mind sharing?

Thanks! :)

Evidence of comparable sales within the last 6 months and within 1/2 a mile of the property to be re-financed can be included in the pack. 

Do go out of your way to make the valuer happy as it's unlikely they'll change their mind once the report has gone in.

Leave nothing to chance. Be in attendance when the valuer is there so they can ask any questions. If tenanted let the tenants know you plan to do a routine inspection at the same time, then hopefully they'll make am effort to present the house well. 

Same situation. We have north of 2000 images to show the valuer - too many? ;)

What does it actually take though, to convince a valuer that you have, indeed, added value?

Look forward to the rest of this thread..

Done this with 3 properties and in each case the value agreed the vaue i had aske the mortagge company to loan against - I had called high expecting to be bought down but no problem at all.

My pack was simply a set of 'before refurb' photo's and then a spreadsheet of all the work done. Nothing else

57 minutes ago, haf1963 said:

Done this with 3 properties and in each case the value agreed the vaue i had aske the mortagge company to loan against - I had called high expecting to be bought down but no problem at all.

My pack was simply a set of 'before refurb' photo's and then a spreadsheet of all the work done. Nothing else

Great, thanks! Did you include a full breakdown of costs or just the list of work done?