I keep on hearing little murmurs about there being an uncertain future for HS2 has anyone else heard anything about it being shelved or parts of it not being completed? It's just interesting considering the positive impact it's going to have on the north.

Hi Stuart

You just need to look at what happened with Crossrail to understand the rumours. It has massively exceeded budget (several times) and also been delayed at least twice, losing its CEO in the process. I guess that puts the HS2 project under the microscope even more. If I were a betting man, I would be evens on the Birmingham line being built and odds against the wider HS2 extension, perhaps excluding the Manchester leg at some point. I know nothing in reality though, so this is pure speculation on my part.

Best

Richard

Richard W J Brown a.k.a. The Property Voice

Property Investment Strategist

10%+ ROI property deals every week: check out PROPERTY DEAL TIPS
Amazon best-selling author Property Investor Toolkit & #PropTech, YPN Magazine columnist & PODCAST host

Web & Blog: The Property Voice | Curated property news & insights feed

Facebook Page | TwitterLinked In

Let's connect...mention The Property Hub :)

I heard on the news one commentator offering that it was too far into build already for it to be scrapped. Interesting thoughts that it may only be a partial completion though.

Agree - can't see it getting past brum untill well into the futre - if at all. Not sure I would start investing in cities on route up north anytime soon.. though some folks may feel braver