An hour a day

Hi all, 

My partner and I have two buy to let houses between us as well as owning our own home. The buy to lets are on 75% LTV. Our house is about 85% LTV. All are on five year fixed rates. We wanted certainty when we mortgaged them. 

Based on my cash flow forecast we will be ready to buy another mid 2020. I like to try renovate and pull out as much as the capital as possible. 

Our goal is to get a position in which we can work for fun rather than having to work to pay the bills by 2029. 

I have an hour a day between now and our next investment in mid 2020 (as well as my usual time reading, listening to audiobooks and podcasts). What should I be doing? I don’t want to be wasting time until we have enough capital saved. 

Thanks

Phil

I would say market research. Identify the area where you intend to buy, and then familiarise yourself with everything there is to know.good streets, property values, local employers, rental values by property type, local development schemes. Go to property websites and see if you are able to spot properties that will rent fast or sit on the market for a while.

If you do this, you will instinctively know a good value buy when you see it. Remember that you will see a good deal every 2-3 months, so if you don’t have enough saved at the time, another one will come along soon enough.