shaunandelly

Up front rent

Hi, myself and the wife are the owners of several properties,all in various stages of renovation. We are both in our 50's. she a retired NHS nurse with a pension and myself an ex light haulage contractor turned carer for an elderly mum. None of our present properties are suitable for mum's ongoing needs so we thought we'd rent until we can sort our houses  out and look again to sell and get something suitable..........then it occurred to me having never rented...but we don't work. So what do people think,are owners likely to go for a 12 months up front type deal or something like that? We owned our own home for 30 plus years and both have good credit ratings.....thoughts please

Hi Shaun, you more have less landlords willing but that is not to say you will not be able to find something as long as everything else checks out. Let it be known if you plan to stay just for the 12 months or if you plan to stay longer also explain how you plan to pay the following 12 months.

Kem

4 hours ago, Kem E said:

Hi Shaun, you more have less landlords willing but that is not to say you will not be able to find something as long as everything else checks out. Let it be known if you plan to stay just for the 12 months or if you plan to stay longer also explain how you plan to pay the following 12 months.

Kem

The same way really. We have the funds to go on  in the manner for quite a number of years. We could escrow a constant 6 months in front or some other arrangement.

Sean,

Renting a property should be no problem as long as you can prove you can pay and I would recommend using a properly accredited agent who operates under ARLA Propertymark or RICS regulations and they will normally be very happy to assist you to take on a rented property while you complete your renovations.  As long as you can complete the appropriate referencing process they will be able to walk you through the process