UK BTL Mortgage with foreign income

hvdw87

Hi all,

New to the community and first post on this site.

I am a UK dual citizen living and working in Australia. I was hoping to get some advice regarding my ability to secure a BTL mortgage with only Australian income?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there,

So, basically, your Australian income will be used to prove that you live there. Your BTL eligibility will primarily be determined by the amount of rental income the property you are looking to buy can generate. So long as you have a deposit of at least 25% of the property's value, you shouldn't have too much trouble securing a BTL mortgage.

If you'd like to talk through your options with a qualified broker, i'd be happy to have a chat,

All the best!

Note: though we try to keep our comments on the property hub forum insightful and factually correct, our posts here do not constitute financial advice. In order to arrange an obligation-free consultation and receive financial advice from one of our expert advisers, please get in touch via email at info@privatefinance.co.uk or by phone on 0800 980 877. Alternatively, you can reach out to us via the message section here on property hub.

That'd be nice @Private Finance

It's not impossible @hvdw87 as BTL is supposed to be self-sufficient, so not reliant on your income. The issues arise around residency, mortgage lenders are not very keen to lend to people who are not permanently resident in the United Kingdom. It makes legal proceedings (if they have to take them) difficult, it makes due-diligence on you difficult and you have few ties so CCJ's etc in the UK are little threat.

Not all mortgages view it the same way. There are also other solutions such as a 2nd UK Applicant or use of Limited Company SPV's. The team in my signature would be happy to assist you.

:wub: Get Mortgage Advice from my Team at Bespoke Finance on 08009202001 or email hello@bespokefinance.info 
:ph34r: 
Please don't take my messages on Property Hub as Personal Financial Advice, just a rambling guy passing time on a Coffee Break.