wookash

Sheffield/Doncaster residents, I'm calling you!

Hi there!

I currently live in the south of UK but recently I've got a attractive job offer between Sheffield/Doncaster area. I would like to ask you about the areas to avoid and areas to look for when it comes to my own accommodation. Yes, my own, not BTL areas. So could you please give me an advice on:

• The safest, most convenient, 'good neighborhood' areas/zones to live in Sheffield/Doncaster.
  • The worst, the ugliest, dodgy places to avoid in both of these cities.
  • Where the local authority estate is located and where the 'upper class' reside?

Again I mean the place for my own where I could possibly rent a house or buy it myself. I'm not familiar Sheffield/Doncaster topography and It would be a blindly guessing for me.

Cheers!

Hi,

Sheffield I do not know too well. Doncaster I used to live in and visit regularly.

What is your budget and requirements...schools, size of accommodation, locality to town centre, etc?

Wheatley Hills is decent with Bessacarr being very decent but further out of town.  Most good locations are outside of Doncaster. Bawtry is a lovely large village/small town to the south of Doncaster and feels special (for Doncaster).

Town centre can be noisy at night and a bit rough.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/conrad-paton-424446110

Find me here ^^

Hope this helps

Conrad

Conrad Paton

+44 7957 959851

conradpaton@yahoo.co.uk

https://www.linkedin.com/in/conrad-paton-424446110

Thanks! Conrad, budget of £800-1100pcm, I'm considering rather outskirts and quiet neighborhood. I will check your suggested locations then! 

I would suggest renting initially whilst you get to know the city then you can buy in the area that suits you best. Estate agents will generally be honest if you ask the right questions too.

Prices are also a guide to the area.

Good luck :)