Hello All,

I am currently purchasing my first BTL so whilst this process is going on I thought I would look in other areas of the country to invest in. I was wondering if anyone on here has had any experience in purchasing a BTL in Sheffield. I have done a little bit of research myself and possibly the post code S2 fits my criteria. If anyone could give me more info on this area or Sheffield in general it would be much appreciated. I am looking for a 2-3 bed house for about 100-110k. 

Kind regards,

Jay

S2 is certainly not the most prestigious area of the city, has a history of problematic areas, but is the focus of concerted efforts of redevelopment.  It’s also not the worst area.  

As a general rule, west of the city areas are nicer, and I’d expect prices to reflect this. 

34 minutes ago, Jay Dove said:

Hello Alistair,

Thanks for the heads up. Do you have any areas which you would recommend? Also do you think I will get a 2-3 bed house in Sheffield for 100-110k? 

Kind regards,

Jay

I don’t know Sheffield to that degree. Hillsbourough, surrounding areas are nice and served by the tram. If possible, being on the tram make a world of difference.