Hi, 

Coming up to Liverpool this weekend to have a look for student/ young professional HMOs and the news online is all over the place in terms of the number of polarising statements saying Liverpool is both amazing and awful for HMOs at the moment (even when filtering results to those posted in the last year!). Very confusing! 

We're likely looking for something recently renovated in top condition, 4+ bed , within 15 minute walk from Liverpool Uni (likely Kensington, Wavertree or Edge Hill)

Does anyone have any experience in Liverpool HMOs and care to shed some light on what's going on? Is the market really oversaturated even in those areas so close to the city centre? 

Any help would be much appreciated! 

Thanks, 

Olena

I  Purchased in Wavertree last november I bought a 3 bed built 8 years ago at a steal for £81k cash which got valued 6 months later for £115k with true market value of £125k. Remortgage amount was £87K @75% LTV ! I looked at both HMO and SA . After looking at market i found loads of HMOs with rooms available and trying to find someone to manage  SA was tricky. 

While looking on rightmove i could not find many houses to let at all because everything was a student let ! Spotted an opportunity and advertised house as whole for £675 PCM within a day of advertising on portals agent had 15 viewings booked and secured tenant within 1 week my rent level was the highest in local vicinity for a single let. This was put down to lack of competition as everything else was HMOS and no family homes . ROI infinte and £6K out the other end great deal !     

1 hour ago, Wonderwebb said:

I  Purchased in Wavertree last november I bought a 3 bed built 8 years ago at a steal for £81k cash which got valued 6 months later for £115k with true market value of £125k. Remortgage amount was £87K @75% LTV ! I looked at both HMO and SA . After looking at market i found loads of HMOs with rooms available and trying to find someone to manage  SA was tricky. 

While looking on rightmove i could not find many houses to let at all because everything was a student let ! Spotted an opportunity and advertised house as whole for £675 PCM within a day of advertising on portals agent had 15 viewings booked and secured tenant within 1 week my rent level was the highest in local vicinity for a single let. This was put down to lack of competition as everything else was HMOS and no family homes . ROI infinte and £6K out the other end great deal !     

Sounds like an awesome deal! Well done! We will keep our eyes out for something similar! 

What does SA stand for? 

Olena 

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2019 at 1:50 PM, Wonderwebb said:

Hi, can I ask how you purchased to get the BMV price?   Was it auction or just chancing a low offer?  Was there anything that enabled the low price, e.g. poor condition.   Did you do any work on the property to get the higher valuation?  thank you