Megan Farrow

What are your goals for 2020?

If you're an avid listener of The Property Podcast and Ask Rob & Rob, or you've looked at all the resources on our website, you'll know that we're all about goal setting! 

Rob & Rob LOVE discussing this topic and can't stress enough how important it is to have goals to work towards. 

So now, we want to hear what your goals are for 2020. Plus, with your permission, we could be asking you to feature your goal strategy in an upcoming issue of our magazine. 

All's we need from you is to answer these three simple questions: 

1. What are your property goals for 2020?

2. How has goal-setting helped you achieve your property ambitions so far?

3. What's your best tip for making sure you stick to your goals?

We look forward to hearing all about your goals and property journey.

Megan Farrow
Marketing Executive

www.propertyhub.net

01_original.png

My property goals for this year are:

1. Turn my flat into a SA.
  2. Put down a mortgage for a 2nd property with a joint venture and turn it into a HMO.
  3. Remortgage the flat to pull out 75% equity to invest in 2021.

My property goal is to actually get on the property ladder with my girlfriend. It's so difficult taking everything into consideration is stressful! Hopefully the hardwork will pay off in the long run.

My property goal is to buy my first rental property, whether this be as a sole investor or joint venture.

I also want to assist multiple other people finance their rental properties (already supported a couple of people so far in the new year). I am a commercial finance broker.

1. To identify a property and made good to rent, using no-to-little leverage, with a budget of £190,000 or less. This will also need to be a property I can move into (in due course) if the need arises.
  2. Goal setting, and the focus it provides, is essential to move forward - I very much had the acquisition of a previous property as a goal, and the ownership put me in a far better financial position now than I can imagine otherwise.
  3. Some mix of jeopardy and reward seem to be essential, a whip and carrot. Theoretically I’d far prefer something closer to homeostasis, a work-life-balance: daily jogs, meditation, reflection with friends over a pint, and a couple of hours to steer the empire. Unfortunately, it seems that a large dose of fear and monomaniac-immersion achieve goals in my experience. I guess property investment automatically contains a whip and carrot for average folks, in the form of significant potential capital loss or gain - I think this is enough incentive (and hopefully still leaves room for the occasional jog and pint).

(err… a bit more wordy than everyone else to date, sorry.)