Hi Property Hub,

I had a look on the site when it launched and am looking forward to joining the community now it's full steam ahead.

I'm at the start of my property journey and I own one property in Newcastle and have bought one off plan from RMP (anyone heard of them? ;-). My goal is to buy two more properties by the end of the year in the North east with my 2 brothers as JV partners.

Despite Rob and Rob saying "never invest in the north east" we're doing well on our first property and are confident about taking small steps.

Ideally I'd like to meet people with experience in investing in the North East of England particularly in Newcastle and Durham, can anyone point me in the right direction of anyone interesting?

I'm looking forward to being involved in this community.

Tom

• 1 month later...

Hi Tom,

I know your post is a couple of months old but I'm fairly new to this site. I bought my first BTL two years ago and have successfully let it since then. I recently purchased a second property and in the process of light refurb to make it ready to let.

I have also listened to the podcast saying not to invest in the north East but I think there is still a decent rental market here.

Thanks

Laurence

• 10 months later...

I'm investing in Durham in the North East, and have 3 properties rented out within a week of going on the market.  I think, like anywhere, there are areas within cities that will do well, and it's then all about knowing where those areas are.  I can give some guidance on Durham, but am not too familiar with Newcastle.

Peter