Has anyone used Lendlord for portfolio management?

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw this through a Friday email and another  Property Hub article.. and then saw the forum link back on the Friday email a couple of weeks back. I really want to try it out because I’m done with spreadsheets tbh! So I’m really hoping this can be the replacement. I even signed up to their weekly email which is nice. Basically all that is left to do now is to actually sign up and use it.. I will return with proper feedback in due course 👍🏼

I had a quick look, and whilst I am not that deep into property management etc so far, but at present I feel uncomfortable sharing quite as much information and linking bank accounts etc with the site.
Perhaps those of you with larger portfolios may find it works better for you and makes life easier - so look forward to hearing what others have to say. 

I'm signed up for it and use it sporadically but found entering all the details a bit clunky. There's a lot of clicking around, selecting the right option and data entry. Preference is still spreadsheet with a tab for each property with a main summary tab for consolidated view.

Although I'm sure it's a great business and viable product, my other concern is what happens if they decided to shut up shop or ran into financial troubles? All your info's stuck on their system and you'll have to unwind everything.

Personal Blog: https://abcdad.co.uk
Property Spreadsheet and Deal Analyser: https://abcdad.co.uk/property-spreadsheet
Looking to read some Property books? https://abcdad.co.uk/books/property-books
Follow on Instagram: @abc.dad

i have signed up to this a while ago and i had exactly the same question, what happens if this cloud like ceases, are there any downloadable content into a csv file for example of each property and details linked with that ?

be good to open up discussion about it and see if that is an option, there is a little chat help on the side, which after initial bot chat goes to a person who could answer the question.

I have been using this from early on in its inception. Have found it really good for keeping track of the P&L and also for all the diary reminders etc. I have a mix of SPV held and personal name properties.

It is a little clunky to set up the initial data bute fair not significantly worse than typing into a spreadsheet. The user experience has been fantastic with updates and new features based on user feedback.

The concern that everyone has is will it cease to exist, I think it will but it could possibly become a paid service, I have tried to use their partners for things such a GS, EICR (which is how they fund it) but each time I failed to get a timely response so used my normal supplier.

Some fantastic features such as deal analysis.

Yes before I used a spreadsheet, outlook, and occasionally trello and worked fine, I just fine this easier in a single place and easier to use on the mobile phone.

Andy

I may be a little (or a lot) biased but I prefer PaTMa which is a system I created (to replace my own spreadsheets). It provides very similar financial tracking of rental properties but also covers full tenancy information, inventory creation, e-signatures and figures for your tax return. On the deal analysis front PaTMa provides profit forecasts, as Lendlord does, but also comparable analysis, local licensing (and Article 4) data and planning application information.

There's a free tier but also paid subscriptions so it doesn't rely on a stream of commission from partners to stay alive!

Some people above have expressed a concern about extracting their data - I agree and have always offered free data backups in a generic format (it's structured so not as simple as CSV and might include uploaded images, PDFs, etc) but it means you can always keep your data safe.

Please forgive the self promotion - I hope people find PaTMa useful. Please do let me know.

2 hours ago, simon pither said:

I may be a little (or a lot) biased but I prefer PaTMa which is a system I created (to replace my own spreadsheets). It provides very similar financial tracking of rental properties but also covers full tenancy information, inventory creation, e-signatures and figures for your tax return. On the deal analysis front PaTMa provides profit forecasts, as Lendlord does, but also comparable analysis, local licensing (and Article 4) data and planning application information.

There's a free tier but also paid subscriptions so it doesn't rely on a stream of commission from partners to stay alive!

Some people above have expressed a concern about extracting their data - I agree and have always offered free data backups in a generic format (it's structured so not as simple as CSV and might include uploaded images, PDFs, etc) but it means you can always keep your data safe.

Please forgive the self promotion - I hope people find PaTMa useful. Please do let me know.

This looks really interesting Simon - is this aimed more towards self managing land lords?

15 hours ago, Ellski said:

This looks really interesting Simon - is this aimed more towards self managing land lords?

Two main audiences - self managing landlords and anyone planning property investment.

In practice it's used by small and large landlords, letting agents, sourcers, investors, and even just regular house buyers (mostly the free price history browser extension). 🙂