janet-t

Need advice of planning permission of C3 to C4 and additional Licence in Nottingham

Hi, Everyone,

I am looking to buy the 3 or 4 bed house in Nottingham NG7 (Artictle 4 areas) and rent out to students for higher yeild. I am starting some viewings.

My question is : Do I need to get planning permission for C3 to C4 usage first ? Or I just apply the additional licence from Council . Anyone knows how to proceed.

According to Nottingham City Council website, 3 to 5 unrelated tenants tenancy require to apply the additional licence. But I really do not know if I need to have planning permission first .

If anyone has pointers or comment, please kindly advise. Thank you so much .

I believe NCC are not allowing any C3 to C4 changes as they are trying to force out small landlords and encourage students to live in purpose built student accommodation. I would be very careful buying in the city with this plan as I think you will be scuppered. Not sure of the full extent of their reach but check carefully before buying.

You can do this in Beeston (NG9) as Broxtowe has no such restrictions currently that I am aware of. Beeston is popular with post grads & so your HMO may work well here.