Your property hotspots

I'm interested to know where people are investing, or planning to invest (once we're out of lockdown), outside of the Rob & Rob hotspots - I like to diversify. 

Personally, I like Swindon.  An area I know a bit about, which helps, with a decent ROI thanks to good rental values and demand.  Some potential for capital growth given it's location on the M4 corridor with prices lower than most neighbouring large towns.

Now I'm looking for another town / city.  Where are your favourites?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi Gary,

I know this thread is a little old, I'm just interested to hear how you got on with Swindon, or if you abandoned the area.

I started with similar location goals to Camilla but I live in London and doubting whether starting a BRR strategy so far from home is a good idea. I have been looking at affordable properties within a couple of hours of London, leading me to Swindon.

Do you think Honda packing up shop and a rise of remote working could have long term impacts on the local fundamentals? I hope not but uncertain.

3 hours ago, Leo SD said:

Hi Gary,

I know this thread is a little old, I'm just interested to hear how you got on with Swindon, or if you abandoned the area.

I started with similar location goals to Camilla but I live in London and doubting whether starting a BRR strategy so far from home is a good idea. I have been looking at affordable properties within a couple of hours of London, leading me to Swindon.

Do you think Honda packing up shop and a rise of remote working could have long term impacts on the local fundamentals? I hope not but uncertain.

I’m an accidental landlord of two properties in Swindon, both rent really quickly 1 does really well, the other doesn’t but think that’s more to do with its build spec.

I’ve started investing in the Midlands now (also within 2 hours of London). 

I can recommend an excellent agent in the area if you want, I’ve used a few there.

Hi Giles, that would be great thanks.

If you don't mind me asking, where abouts in the Midlands? And just to diversify or is something drawing you away from Swindon in general? I'm struggling to find much on Swindon from a desktop exercise but I'm visiting this weekend and looking at a few 2-bed houses in SN1/central.

We moved to Leicestershire, it takes about 2 hours to get to Swindon from here, but also within 2 hours I could be in Manchester or Leeds so really opened up what was accessible. In the end I went for Nottingham ad Derby, both 30-40 mins away so close but not always passing and wondering what’s going on.

Speak to Forefront property, Claire deals with day to day and is great, Tristan owns it but also invests. General rule for Swindon, avoid it if it starts with a P.

Hi Leo, I'm a member of a Facebook group called "Bristol - Swindon Property". As the name suggests it is for people investing in Swindon, Bristol and the areas between them. The host organises regular zoom calls once a month (for free) for people to discuss their deals and any issues they are encountering. I'm really liking it so far so you may find it useful too.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/20/2021 at 8:54 PM, cormac m said:

Hi Leo, I'm a member of a Facebook group called "Bristol - Swindon Property". As the name suggests it is for people investing in Swindon, Bristol and the areas between them. The host organises regular zoom calls once a month (for free) for people to discuss their deals and any issues they are encountering. I'm really liking it so far so you may find it useful too.

Hi - I’m interested in this area too, the group sounds great and I’d be keen to join but I can’t seem to find it on FB. Has the name changed or is it by invite only?

Thanks!

On 6/21/2021 at 9:28 PM, simeon_smith said:

Hi - I’m interested in this area too, the group sounds great and I’d be keen to join but I can’t seem to find it on FB. Has the name changed or is it by invite only?

Thanks!

It's still called the same name so not sure why you can't find it. You do have to request access but it should be visible. If you are still having difficultly finding it then let me know.