Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi All, 

I'm currently buying a 6 bed HMO in Liverpool. I know I'll need to re-register the property in by own name for the licence. However is that also true for current certificates i.e. Gas, Elec and Fire Safety. Also need a good and reliable management agency, as I'll be remote.

Thanks, Best regards Gary

Link to comment

Hi Gary,

To the best of my knowledge you will not need to renew the gas, electric certificates to be in your name, as they relate to the property rather than you personally. When they expire and you have them renewed you can add your name to them without having to incur the cost of renewing them early just to get your name on them.

Good luck with the HMO. It’s something I am looking to have a go at next, as to date I just have 2 standard buy to let’s.

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...