tej_talks

0 to 15 in 9 months, BTL Investor offering free value

Hey everyone,

My name is Tej, host of The Tej Talks Podcast, and a fan of the Property Hub Podcast, with Rob-Squared!

I've purchased 15 BTLs in the past 9 months, taking my Portfolio from £0 to £1.3m and I've raised significant amounts of Investor Finance (loans) which has supported my growth. I've also had 300,000 listens in 100+ countries on my Podcast in 19 months.

I give out a lot of free info on my Podcast, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn, to show the world how challenging Property really is, but also to prove that anyone can do it.

Happy to help! :)

2 hours ago, tej_talks said:

Hey everyone,

My name is Tej, host of The Tej Talks Podcast, and a fan of the Property Hub Podcast, with Rob-Squared!

I've purchased 15 BTLs in the past 9 months, taking my Portfolio from £0 to £1.3m and I've raised significant amounts of Investor Finance (loans) which has supported my growth. I've also had 300,000 listens in 100+ countries on my Podcast in 19 months.

I give out a lot of free info on my Podcast, Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn, to show the world how challenging Property really is, but also to prove that anyone can do it.

Happy to help! :)

Welcome Tej. I have you on Instagram and listen to some of your podcasts. ;)

Hey Tej,

Can I ask, have you mortgaged any of the 15 or have they all been cash?

If mortgaged, I'd be keen to know how you did this over such a short period of time. Similarly, but on a smaller scale, we've purchased 4 in the past 6 months but hit a ceiling with our preferred lender due to now hitting portfolio lender requirements - which is mainly be an experienced lender for 2 years.

Any help on this barrier would be amazing!

Thanks

Hi tej,

Great to see you on the forum! I am fairly early in my property journey and along with property hub, I have spent a good amount of time listening to your podcasts during my lockdown daily walk, thanks for the great content, it's good to listen to someone relateable and that talks about the bad points as well as the good things! Keep up the good work!!

Andy

On 6/2/2020 at 7:44 AM, adamholt said:

Similarly, but on a smaller scale, we've purchased 4 in the past 6 months but hit a ceiling with our preferred lender due to now hitting portfolio lender requirements - which is mainly be an experienced lender for 2 years.

Don't have a preferred lender - that's my first observation.  

If you are a new investor and have completed those remortgages quickly there are lenders who don't like this.  I have had a few clients hit this barrier and it is slightly annoying.  I have had lenders who do not like the way I buy properties (Private loans) so had to use a different one.

The best advice here is to have a broker who will work hard for their fee and find you a solution.  I have struggled recently because my properties are low value and we have had a lot of lenders temporarily bow out of the market due to Covid-19, but my broker still found me a solution and a lender.  If you are mortgaging above £70k then there should be a much wider range of lenders available to you.  I have had to jump through some crazy hoops but we are now at the lending phase so it was worth it.

Have you looked at other lenders?

Darren

701670177_HighQualityPNGfileSMALLER.png.5f70ca4cb0d136ae226eb81e0e3e2155.png

BTS -- BTL -- Lettings -- Sourcing

www.fmp-investments.com   

image.png.9da6b48b22099e71e6b38c5c9da690c3.png  image.png.316a3d05478f9de07be32739d4fe4c03.png  image.png.d47c317e14dca0e4c4944a92e2a8e35b.png