Interest Only vs Repayment Mortgage - Limited Company

Hi I have set up a company/svp in order to start to build up a property portfolio. I was looking to do interest only (as landlords with a company will be able to continue to declare rental income after deducting the mortgage interest only payments) and make over-payments annually upto 10% so that i can pay the properties off. If i do the overpayments will that have any impact on the tax deductable nature of the calculation please ? or will these count like repayment mortgages and not be tax deductible. Any information here would be very useful. Thanks

First thing is that you need to talk to an accountant if going down the LTD route.

Having said that, tax in a ltd is simply based on total rental income minus total allowable expenses. Overpayments etc are not allowable expenses but interest/management-fees/repairs/salary etc are. Once you have declared your profit and paid tax on it then the net profit is for the ltd top do waht it likes eg pay a dividend, buy anopther property, make a lump sum mortgage payment etc.