Limited company or not

Hi, my wife and I are both higher tax payers (IT contractor and Locum Doctor), and we are looking at putting money into property investment.

Is it worth starting a limited company to do this, with the intention of only putting money in as our monthly personal income is enough. As We don’t plan to take money out Of the investment Company and only use it to invest further.

thanks for your help

54 minutes ago, timt348 said:

Hi, my wife and I are both higher tax payers (IT contractor and Locum Doctor), and we are looking at putting money into property investment.

Is it worth starting a limited company to do this, with the intention of only putting money in as our monthly personal income is enough. As We don’t plan to take money out Of the investment Company and only use it to invest further.

thanks for your help

Definitely recommend doing it via Ltd company. The amount of tax you will save with this route makes this the main reason.

Hi @timt348

I hope you are well.  If you're both higher rate tax payers and you're investing for the long term, i.e. planning to roll up the profits into new investments and build your portfolio over the next 10 to 20 years, I would definitely recommend this as the way to go.

If you'd like to chat about this on a short call or video I'd be more than happy to spend 30 minutes or so chatting through with you.  Feel free to private message me.  I could talk you through some of the pros and cons of going down the limited company route and the extra costs of doing so, just so that you have all the background.

Best regards

Rob