Independent Financial Advisor with HMO knowledge?

Hi All,

I've been researching into buying and renting a HMO and would like to talk to a finance advisor in relation to my current situtation and how I would be best placed to do this. Could anyone recommend someone with this background? I'm London based and looking to invest in the London area.

Thanks,

Olly

Most financial advisors don’t deal with property as it’s outside their regulated areas. It might be that your looking for tax advice on how to structure your property investments tax efficiently. I can help with this if you want to contact me.

Jerome

Jerome@TaxAntics.co.uk

www.TaxAntics.co.uk

• 6 months later...

You probably want to know if there is a suitable HMO investment plan. Medicare Advantage works like traditional health insurance, not original Medicare. According to the Kaiser Foundation, 31% of Medicare beneficiaries are on Medicare Advantage plans as of 2020. If you want to invest in this area and calculate taxes taking into account retirement savings, it is better to contact the regional authorities for retirement planning. There are many HMOs and PPOs options that offer different types of investments.  And if you're looking for a funding option, Houses in Multiple Occupation is a better option. They say this is very beneficial in the current economic situation.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/26/2020 at 4:47 PM, ollyrice said:

I've been researching into buying and renting a HMO and would like to talk to a finance advisor in relation to my current situtation and how I would be best placed to do this. Could anyone recommend someone with this background? I'm London based and looking to invest in the London area.

IFAs can advise you on ISAs, Pensions and things like that. They won't know about HMOs

HMOs are very difficult to do in London. Many (most?) councils have Article 4 directions, which restrict the conversion of houses to HMOs. So you need to go through a full planning permission application for the conversion

Planning Officers don't want to lose any more houses, for conversion into bedsits

Can I ask why you want to get into HMOs? A lot of people want to jump into HMOs, because of the yields. But there are a lot of difficulties with HMOs, that people don't consider

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vin Gupta
Property Investor and Developer
UK Property Blog: https://evolutionblogger.com/article/uk-property-articles
Travel Blog: https://soulfultravelguy.com/