Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi, just joined the forum! Been listening to the podcast for a year or so! Accidental landlord of one flat In Essex. Just got £30k of cash out of the existing property and considering low maintenance flat in Liverpool (or Sheffield or Leeds). Heading up north later this week to have first look at areas in city centre armed with Rightmove and Zoopla. Would be good to chat to some agents I guess but I am on step 1 of this so nowhere near ready to commit. Obvs loads of agents in liverpool, haven’t a clue if they are good bad or indifferent. Any advice/ recommendations welcome... looking at circa £100k city centre to buy and rent out (and indeed same for Sheffield. I’m from Leeds so know it a little better). Think liverpool hits the spot financially for growth and income, Sheffield less so Leeds might be 10/20% too expensive to get decent modern flat. Looking forward to chatting. Matt

 

Link to post
On 7/20/2020 at 11:23 AM, mattlufc said:

Hi, just joined the forum! Been listening to the podcast for a year or so! Accidental landlord of one flat In Essex. Just got £30k of cash out of the existing property and considering low maintenance flat in Liverpool (or Sheffield or Leeds). Heading up north later this week to have first look at areas in city centre armed with Rightmove and Zoopla. Would be good to chat to some agents I guess but I am on step 1 of this so nowhere near ready to commit. Obvs loads of agents in liverpool, haven’t a clue if they are good bad or indifferent. Any advice/ recommendations welcome... looking at circa £100k city centre to buy and rent out (and indeed same for Sheffield. I’m from Leeds so know it a little better). Think liverpool hits the spot financially for growth and income, Sheffield less so Leeds might be 10/20% too expensive to get decent modern flat. Looking forward to chatting. Matt

 

How was your experience with Liverpool?  I have had a lot of clients who started their searches here and have then decided to move outwards where they can achieve growth as well as decent rental returns.  Are you playing a capital growth game or looking for income?

We operate around 25 minutes from Manchester and have a nice sweet spot of affordable properties as well as very good rent returns.  Added to this we are seeing rises in values from the Manchester bubble.  Sometimes it is worth thinking outside the box and not following the masses.

Darren

 

701670177_HighQualityPNGfileSMALLER.png.5f70ca4cb0d136ae226eb81e0e3e2155.png

      BTS -- BTL -- Lettings -- Sourcing

          www.fmp-investments.com   

             image.png.9da6b48b22099e71e6b38c5c9da690c3.png  image.png.316a3d05478f9de07be32739d4fe4c03.png  image.png.d47c317e14dca0e4c4944a92e2a8e35b.png

  •  
Link to post
2 hours ago, darren mcneill said:

How was your experience with Liverpool?  I have had a lot of clients who started their searches here and have then decided to move outwards where they can achieve growth as well as decent rental returns.  Are you playing a capital growth game or looking for income?

We operate around 25 minutes from Manchester and have a nice sweet spot of affordable properties as well as very good rent returns.  Added to this we are seeing rises in values from the Manchester bubble.  Sometimes it is worth thinking outside the box and not following the masses.

Darren

 

701670177_HighQualityPNGfileSMALLER.png.5f70ca4cb0d136ae226eb81e0e3e2155.png

      BTS -- BTL -- Lettings -- Sourcing

          www.fmp-investments.com   

             image.png.9da6b48b22099e71e6b38c5c9da690c3.png  image.png.316a3d05478f9de07be32739d4fe4c03.png  image.png.d47c317e14dca0e4c4944a92e2a8e35b.png

  •  

Hi Darren,

 

trip to liverpool was good. I walked round and looked at the area, city centre is small so pretty easy. Saw some properties from outside. Also looked in Manchester as well. Where is this area you speak of? I’m pretty open at the moment, not totally sold on liverpool or Manchester. Will be doing Sheffield and Leeds next. 

 

Matt

Link to post
On 8/3/2020 at 10:09 AM, mattlufc said:

Hi Darren,

 

trip to liverpool was good. I walked round and looked at the area, city centre is small so pretty easy. Saw some properties from outside. Also looked in Manchester as well. Where is this area you speak of? I’m pretty open at the moment, not totally sold on liverpool or Manchester. Will be doing Sheffield and Leeds next. 

 

Matt

Hi Matt,

Just drop me an email and I can send you some information.

property@f-m-p.uk

Darren

 

701670177_HighQualityPNGfileSMALLER.png.5f70ca4cb0d136ae226eb81e0e3e2155.png

      BTS -- BTL -- Lettings -- Sourcing

          www.fmp-investments.com   

             image.png.9da6b48b22099e71e6b38c5c9da690c3.png  image.png.316a3d05478f9de07be32739d4fe4c03.png  image.png.d47c317e14dca0e4c4944a92e2a8e35b.png

 

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...