Selling a property with tenants - Current notice rules

lcm1234

Hi all,

I'm currently letting out a house up north (Under a BTL mortgage) whilst I have been away for work for quite a while. I'm now in a position where I'm likely to return and ideally I would like to sell the current house and uprade to another as my primary residence during the stamp duty holiday.

My question is essentially, can I give my tenants 1 months notice to leave or do the new rules block me from doing so for the purpose of selling and require 6 months? I can't find specific information for my case.

Thanks for any help!

Luke

• 3 months later...

I've bought a house with Tenants in situ, wasn't a problem. Just a little fiddly around the contract, other than that it was fine and they started paying rent on day 1 of me owning the house. If you want them out later, just go in and do some building work that takes ages to do and perhaps leaves a few holes in the walls... Just saying !

On 12/7/2020 at 3:44 PM, pauldavidthomas said:

I've bought a house with Tenants in situ, wasn't a problem. Just a little fiddly around the contract, other than that it was fine and they started paying rent on day 1 of me owning the house. If you want them out later, just go in and do some building work that takes ages to do and perhaps leaves a few holes in the walls... Just saying !

@pauldavidthomas I really hope that you posted this having drink taken or that it was a very tasteless joke.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/8/2020 at 11:38 PM, dennis hughes said:

@pauldavidthomas I really hope that you posted this having drink taken or that it was a very tasteless joke.

Dennis,

Before you judge keep in mind the other actions people take in life. Before Xmas ( this Xmas ), I driving over the forest and saw a young lad pushing his bike. He was on his way to Fordingbridge. I stopped and asked if he wanted help ( it was raining ). Put him and the bike in the back of the truck and after chatting to him and dropping him off I found out he was sleeping rough and had lost his job. He had friends in Fordingbridge and knew he could get a bath there and they also helped him out with stuff. After exchanging numbers I've now got him into one of my rooms and as he now has an address he now has a job. Always two sides to a personality.

Paul.

• 3 weeks later...