adamsteinberg

New to PH - a New Build Home Developer

Hey all,

I’m Adam and I currently live in Kent and normally work in and around London.

I’ve worked in the construction industry in SE England on the whole for about 20 years, with the last 13 years as a Quantity Surveyor. I’ve mainly worked on New Build Commercial, Healthcare, Residential and School projects, with some refurb and fit out experience, but unfortunately not on domestic dwellings, but I’m happy to try and provide an opinion if you have a query for a QS and my experience allows me.

My life long ambition is to become my own house building developer, and as I’m turning 40 this year, and with the COVID lockdown offering us a chance to reflect on what is important in life, I thought it was time to put myself outside of my comfort zone and move those plans forward.

I’m currently putting together my business plan and cost plans and I’m hoping to network and connect with other developers who are starting out like me, or may be further down the same path, so we can share knowledge, share our experiences, and just generally have conversations about the construction we’re doing.

I would also be keen to grow a network of investors, professional consultants i.e design consultants, solicitors that deal with these types of businesses, planning consultants and subcontractors, if that is  possible through this platform.

Primarily I will be focusing my new builds in the South East because I know the area’s and it’s where my family are based.

I hope to connect with some of you soon.

Hi Adam,

Welcome to the forum!

I am a planning consultant based in the Oxford area covering the Thames Valley, London and wider South East and am happy to help out where I can on the planning side of things. My company (Berrys) also has a range of other consultancy services including project management, heritage and building surveying amongst others as well as in house architects. Please do get in touch if you need any advice on your projects

Best of luck

Tom

Hi Adam and welcome! We have a whatsapp group set up for networking. If you would like to join then send me your number. Will get you added in.

Kind regards.

Mark