Experience with foldable TV systems?

tomzer

I have a property and would like to upgrade it with a foldable TV system. Does anyone know such systems?
I find this huge TV an absolute eye-catcher in the garden or in the pool area.
I'm not sure if I would sell my house after the upgrade, but I've wanted a large TV in the pool area for a long time.
Which entertainment systems do you think enhance a house?

To be honest…I don't really have any experience with folding televisions. I don't know what it is actually. I do know folding mobile phones, which will be available more often in the future in my opinion, but I have never heard of folding TVs. But keep looking around for engineered luxury. There are the biggest and most amazing gadgets you can imagine. There you can certainly find a huge television as well.

But in general, I can agree with you that such a huge TV set is very impressive. Especially if you put one in your garden. Of course, you also have to make sure that the TV is waterproof and that you can store it somewhere. Hugh - yes, but at the same time such a TV as to be space-saving somehow as well. I also think that it's very important that you get a perfect picture quality. Because especially outdoors you have to pay attention to that. If the sun is shining or it is generally too bright outside, you also want to be able to watch TV, right? - and not just the TV itself…;-)

What do you have in mind about the size of the TV more or less?

The TV collapses so that it can better disappear into the ground. When the TV goes out of the  ground, it opens. If you turn off the TV, it collapses and goes back into the ground. The individual panels of the television are movable, so only a small opening is required in the floor.

The TV is made to be outside. There are also huge indoor TVs from the C-Seed brand. But I am primarily interested in outdoor TVs because I want to install a TV in the garden or pool area. This television does not have to be under a roof or has to be covered up after use. It all works automatically. The television goes back into the ground and is protected. Of course, this also saves a lot of space.

From the videos I've seen and also from the pictures on the homepage, it's an excellent picture. I also looked at the data sheet, the values are also excellent. You can also find a few videos online if you enter the brand name or you can watch them on their homepage.

The bigger the better:)

Of course, I have to see where I would put the TV first, but I tend to go for the largest model.

Oh, so the television just disappears into the ground? And how long does it take until the television is ready to start? I still can't imagine how this is supposed to work. I'll have a look at it on the Internet…now you have awaken my interest! :D … Well, the concept certainly sounds very space-saving, if the whole TV disappears and is stored in the ground. And you would like to get a TV like that for the pool area?  I can imagine that such a foldable TV will certainly be an eye-catcher in your garden. How big is such a television then and how big do you want it to be? Would you also have to have something converted in the garden or do you have enough space there anyways?

Yes, the TV can fold up and then disappear into its "garage" in the floor. Then the hole closes with a cover and you can't see anything from the TV.

Take a look at the videos and pictures on the Internet. That makes the explanation easier. In the brochure I found it took 40 seconds to go out. But not for long, it happens very quickly. It doesn't take much less time until my TV comes on at home.

That's a big advantage. When you no longer need the TV, it disappears completely and doesn't take up any more space. If a TV is hanging on the wall somewhere, that's not a big problem. so you can place the TV in the middle of the garden or right next to the pool. You don't need a wall or roof over it.

Sure I would like a TV like this, look at the pictures. You can't compare that with normal outdoor TVs. The size alone is impressive. If so, it will be the TV with 201 inch diagonal. Go big or go home :)

The place would be there. It doesn't take a lot of space because the whole system is just as space-saving. The only question then is whether the TV is to be placed in the garden or integrated into the pool area.

Hey tomzer, that sounds interesting!

So the TV is really IN the ground? I still can’t imagine how that looks like. But this also means that the TV can be turned as well? Then you could put it somewhere between the garden and the pool area…I mean…It’s so enormous, you’ll still be able to watch TV wherever you are in your garden :D In case the picture quality is good enough…you should have an eye on that as well!

Anyways, I should look up some videos on the Internet to see how that works. I still didn’t got time to do that…I’ll do it right away ;-) I’ve never seen a “normal” TV with 201 inch diagonal… That must surely be impressive!

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't need the TV, it is sunk into the ground. Only when you need the television it does extend out of the floor and unfold. There are some videos from C-Seed itself, I found a video from a private person. In this vodeo the TV is installed on a yacht. The technology is the same. So you can install it on a yacht too if you want :)

I am also fascinated, so I want to know more about it. Maybe I'll get in touch with them so they can send me brochures and more informations.

Oh, so these folding televisions are also intended for super yachts then? On those yachts, of course, it makes more sense if you can hide such a large device in the floor. I have already watched a few videos on the Internet. The unfolding procedure does only take about 90 seconds...which is actually quite fast for such a huge TV, in my opinion. I am also quite impressed by the picture quality. I've never seen such a big TV with such a sharp picture quality in real life. So, I think if you're really interested, I'm sure you can get in touch with them. But in general, I would advise you to see the TV in real life if you can - preferably outdoors, because that's where you want to put your new TV, right? That way you can check if the picture quality is nice enough for you… :-)

Yes, what I've seen are the same models. No matter whether you install the TV on a plot of land or on a yacht. Even in a house, the space can become small. The television is also of a certain size. You don't even want to have it standing around in the garden or around the pool area. It makes sense to turn on the television when it is not needed. Sure, the space on a yacht is even less, but I wouldn't want the TV to be in the garden all the time.

Yes, I would put the TV next to the pool. I think it's a unique selling point. If the house is then sold, nobody else will have such a TV. I don´t think someone will search for such an TV but if you see the TV and how it unfolds, you know that you need such a TV:) It's also an investment. The value of the house should increase too. Like if you build a whirlpool or something else.

I've already contacted the manufacturer. Maybe you can also visit some objects. I've seen some hotel complexes have such TVs.

Yes, it's clear that you want to make the television disappear into the ground, whenever it is possible. A foldable system has definitely its advantages. I think it's good that you also think a little about the value of your house. You're right that you can increase the value of your house by installing such a mega entertaining system - because not many people have such a special TV in their house, I guess. How long do you think the installation will take more or less? Have you already checked with the manufacturer?

I have not contacted the manufacturer yet. Next week i have time and I will do that. I think it will be very individual how long you need to build it. But don't expect a long construction phase. Dig a hole, put the TV in, lay the connections, ... shouldn't be too time-consuming in my opinion. But I can also ask for that.

A TV like this is something that sets you apart from others. Much has certainly already been seen in this way or similar in other houses. The technology and such a huge TV probably not yet. Maybe this will also become the standard one day.

• 2 weeks later...

And did you get any news yet? I guess you wouldn't have any stress with the installation of such a TV anyways. I also believe that the future will be characterized by huge screens. You only have to look at the development of the last years. You can see that smartphones and televisions have become a lot bigger. That's what customers ultimately want. I think such manufactures can find a niche with such folding devices. After all, our houses or even pockets for smartphones are not getting much bigger. So it's good if you can fold screens and save a lot of space at the same time. A bigger screen for a smaller space - it's twice as practical as I think ;-)

Yes, I had a long conversation. I also received some information and I am quite confident that we will have a meeting directly at a property. Of course, it all depends on the entry requirements and whether you then have to be in quarantine. So it's probably a little more difficult than normal. But I really enjoyed the conversation and I'm definitely interested in such a C-Seed TV. If they see the house and the garden, they can say more how long the installation would take. That depends on your own wishes and the environment. When it comes to televisions, I also like a large format. At least as big as the distance between your seat and the television is possible. The current sizes are enough for my smartphone. For my taste it is going in the wrong direction. I don't need any bigger screens. Large TVs will probably replace the projectors. Especially in the outdoor area an advantage because the picture is much better in direct sunlight.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, that sounds good! If you really get the TV, you could let us know again and tell us how you like it. :-) Or just send me a private message. I would be interested to know what it really looks like and what experiences you have with such a large-format TV. :-) My smartphone is also big enough for me, but I think that's a matter of getting used to it. In the beginning I found it very big. In the meantime, there are even bigger screens on the market…But yes, everything has its limit. That’s why I think that such a foldable technology will play an even more important role in the future. In any case, it's nice to see that such a foldable technology is already being used in TV sets, and with such good quality. I am curious what the future will bring us ;-) Cheers!