Sheffield

Hi,

I'm new to Sheffield and I was just wondering if there were any property networking groups operating in these Covid times?

I'm living in S11 very close to the city.   Fairly new to property investing.  Have two BTLs in Manchester which are going well but one Off Plan purchase in Liverpool that has gone bad.   Not a great situation but one way to learn fast about off plan investments and the numerous pitfalls and traps. 

In the absence of any property networking groups here I would be happy to shout someone a coffee/lunch to get make some contacts and learn a bit about the property market here in Sheffield.   I'm self employed so fairly flexible time wise especially during the day time. 

Thanks,  Seamus

• 2 months later...

Hi Seamus, 

I’ve recently taken the plunge in S11! with an offer going through. so would be keen to connect with a Sheffield network too. Based in Bristol but be good to meet up when in town and join a WhatsApp group. 

Ive btl in Manchester and Notts. 

Mike

Hi Mike, congrats on the purchase. I would definitely be up for a catch-up. We are in Tier 3 for now but a walk and talk works for me.  I’m in S118HA. I’ll send you my phone number.  I can also refer you to a property WhatsApp group that might be useful. 

20 hours ago, seamus said:

Hi Mike, congrats on the purchase. I would definitely be up for a catch-up. We are in Tier 3 for now but a walk and talk works for me.  I’m in S118HA. I’ll send you my phone number.  I can also refer you to a property WhatsApp group that might be useful. 

Was just going to say this Seamus! Thank you

• 1 month later...

Hi Seamus! 

Did you manage to have any luck finding any networks running at the moment? I too am new to Sheffield and although I don't have any practical investing experience (yet!) I love all things property and am always happy talking about it and listening to others talking about their experiences! 

Andy

Hi Andy, thanks for the message and welcome to Sheffield. I didn’t have any luck finding anyone unfortunately. I’ve just been here since Aug so fairly new too. Just getting to know the city. I’m in S11 near the city.  Going to try and view a place this week hopefully.  Where are you based?

Hi Seamus! 

I thought that would be the case, not the best time to try and network! I'm in S2 fairly close to the city too, spending my weekends trying to learn all the streets around my neighborhood whilst listening to the property podcast haha! 

Would be good when it's possible to have a catch up if you would be up for it, and anyone else on here that is local!

Andy

Hi Seamus, Andy and Mike,

I’m fairly new to Sheffield myself having moved up in September, now living around S11 area. Like you I’m busy getting to know this city and working out the best areas to invest. The Postcodes here seem massive with quite a mixture of different types of potential tenant.

I'd very much be up for a meet up to discuss ideas and network with other investors in the area! Tricky at the moment of course but once lockdown is over perhaps we could arrange a small meeting in a pub? (if allowed!)

Steve

Hi Steve, welcome to Sheffield. I’d definitely be up for a pub meet when this madness is over.  Or even a networking walk somewhere.  I agree about the postcodes! 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All

I'm currently investing in Barnsley and I am looking to also start investing in Sheffield. Would be great to connect with people living and investing in the area. I live a bit further down south but spend a fair bit of time in South Yorks as that's where the inlaws live. Would be great to meet once restrictions start easing up?

Cheers, Seb

5 hours ago, seb_rolland said:

Hi All

I'm currently investing in Barnsley and I am looking to also start investing in Sheffield. Would be great to connect with people living and investing in the area. I live a bit further down south but spend a fair bit of time in South Yorks as that's where the inlaws live. Would be great to meet once restrictions start easing up?

Cheers, Seb

I'm Huddersfield, so not million miles away. Be good to meet, a few Northern investors!

Hi guys,

Little late to the party I am looking at Sheffield as an area I would like to invest in, any tips on the good and bad areas from your own research? I am ideally looking to target families to let my property out to. Any tips or suggestions would be much appreciated as I am struggling to gather any info from online sources.

Hope everyone is getting on well during the lockdown.