Jump to content

Solicitor who will handle a 'common hold' property


Recommended Posts


I have had an offer accepted and lined up a mortgage lender and a solicitor, however just before submitting the mortgage application the agent clarified the flat was not freehold but instead common hold. Now my solicitor has declined to take my case and I have since asked 6 more solicitors to quote all declining due to the common hold or they are not on the panel of the mortgage lender. The one solicitor I did find who would take the case is unfortunately appointed by the buyer so they cannot act on my behalf due to conflict of interest. I know common hold is unusual both my broker and agent are surprised by how difficult this has been. Does anyone in the Hub community have a recommendation? Thanks

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...