What's your most embarrassing property story?

Here at Property Hub, we're big believers in learning from your mistakes. No lesson is ever as as permanent as lessons you learn from experience, and the best investors are those who can take their past experiences and apply them to future investments.

With that in mind, we're asking all our forum members to share their most embarrassing property stories. It doesn't matter how big or small, your previous faux-pas could spare fellow investors from making similar mistakes (or at the very least, give us all a laugh in this very tough year).

We're going to share the best stories in next month's Property Hub Magazine, so the funnier the better! Comment below with yours :)

Mark Rocks
Community Builder and Content Writer

www.propertyhub.net

01_original.png

I recently received a quote from an architect for a small single storey extension to our house, measuring 2m x 3.5m. Cost to hire an architect in the UK of £750 . He's an individual architect, but experienced. This price includes all the drawings for planning and building regs, but *not* the charges for the planning and building reg submissions themselves. And now I am worried if they have deceived me ...  Is this a reasonable price, or is this too expensive? I have given him all the original plans of the house from when we did our last extension.

On 12/27/2020 at 5:40 PM, julia urquhart said:

Sister arranged to go into our joint house to check something - tenant didn't get the message - she walked into  the bedroom and they were in bed!

Similarly, I walked into a house and across the lounge to find the tenant sprawled on the sofa - they told me they would be at work when I called.

We knock REALLY loudly now :) 

I bet those tenants make sure to always remember when their landlords say they're coming over now as well 😂

Mark Rocks
Community Builder and Content Writer

www.propertyhub.net

01_original.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2021 at 3:27 PM, Mark Rocks said:

Does anyone else have a particularly funny story to share? We'll be pulling the best ones through for Property Hub Magazine so we'd love to hear from you :)

I had a squatter from day one. Bought a property and they refused to move out - said they had not found another place and didn't have the money to do so. I offered for them to rent it while they could find a place - but nope - no money for that either.

LUCKILY there was a delay on the transfer of funds to them for the completion and the Solicitors (their side) managed to stop the funds. So she moved out the next day!