Hello Property Hubbers - Introuction from Javan Creary

javan

Hi Property Hubbers,

Before I begin, I would like to thank the Property Hub team for all the amazing content they produce.

So a little about me.... I've worked in the telecom industry for over 9 years after starting out as an apprentice. I embarked on the pointless journey of working my way up through the ranks,  and finished in a comfortable senior management role (Cyber Security) before cutting it short. A year and a half ago, I stumbled across the book Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki. This book made me question alot with the current system and the beliefs that I also held in my personal life. In search for the answers,  I dedicated large amounts of time to understanding how the system works and gradually decided  to adopt the mindset of the 1 % instead of the 99%. I've always known the power of owning property as I have seen it first hand with my parents home, and how powerful capital appreciation can be. 

Towards the end of 2019, I started my own R2R business with the aim of providing a monthly cashflow to reinvest into purchasing property. I wanted limited risk so I decided to JV with a fellow investor for a fixed monthly return, and that will be totally hands off for next couple of years.

In October, I was let go from my employer (Very welcomed :)) and this has resulted in me being given a lump sum to invest in property. I have taken the time to listen to the Property Hub podcasts and reading this forum on the key areas to invest. I have chosen Liverpool as my investment area. The main reason is the strong rental demand and the potential capital apprectiation prospect.

My Search Criteria:

Property Type:

• 2 Bed +
  • Turn Key BTL (Worst case - Light Refurb required)
  • Mortgageable
  • £60K - £120K
  • 8% Gross Yield
  • Houses ( Flats considered - Dependent on Service Charges/Lease)
  • Tenants: Young Proffessionals & Families
  • Good Rental Demand
  • Capital Appreciation Area (Important)

My Key Investment Areas:

1. Dingle
  2. Toxteth
  3. Bootle

I plan to visit liverpool after Christmas to get a feel of the areas and further analyse my key investment areas (shown above).

Thanks again for welcoming me to the Property Hub family and look forward to meeting you all along our journeys :)

PS: if there are any P-Hubbers investing in liverpool or live local then it would be lovely to network with you.

Hi Javan

Welcome to the forum - it's great to read your story, especially since you've already done such a lot of groundwork to get in a good place before you start investing.

Have you checked out our free webinars yet? These are delivered by our investment experts and are a great opportunity for you to make sure you've got all the key aspects of getting started ticked off; https://propertyhub.net/action/

The final webinar takes place tomorrow, if you have any time to join. Even if you don't, it's great to have you as part of the community, and we've got lots of Liverpool-focussed members that I'm sure will be keen to help you out :)

Mark

Mark Rocks
Community Builder and Content Writer

www.propertyhub.net

01_original.png

On 12/16/2020 at 6:57 AM, javan said:

Hi Property Hubbers,

Before I begin, I would like to thank the Property Hub team for all the amazing content they produce.

So a little about me.... I've worked in the telecom industry for over 9 years after starting out as an apprentice. I embarked on the pointless journey of working my way up through the ranks,  and finished in a comfortable senior management role (Cyber Security) before cutting it short. A year and a half ago, I stumbled across the book Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki. This book made me question alot with the current system and the beliefs that I also held in my personal life. In search for the answers,  I dedicated large amounts of time to understanding how the system works and gradually decided  to adopt the mindset of the 1 % instead of the 99%. I've always known the power of owning property as I have seen it first hand with my parents home, and how powerful capital appreciation can be. 

Towards the end of 2019, I started my own R2R business with the aim of providing a monthly cashflow to reinvest into purchasing property. I wanted limited risk so I decided to JV with a fellow investor for a fixed monthly return, and that will be totally hands off for next couple of years.

In October, I was let go from my employer (Very welcomed :)) and this has resulted in me being given a lump sum to invest in property. I have taken the time to listen to the Property Hub podcasts and reading this forum on the key areas to invest. I have chosen Liverpool as my investment area. The main reason is the strong rental demand and the potential capital apprectiation prospect.

My Search Criteria:

Property Type:

• 2 Bed +
  • Turn Key BTL (Worst case - Light Refurb required)
  • Mortgageable
  • £60K - £120K
  • 8% Gross Yield
  • Houses ( Flats considered - Dependent on Service Charges/Lease)
  • Tenants: Young Proffessionals & Families
  • Good Rental Demand
  • Capital Appreciation Area (Important)

My Key Investment Areas:

1. Dingle
  2. Toxteth
  3. Bootle

I plan to visit liverpool after Christmas to get a feel of the areas and further analyse my key investment areas (shown above).

Thanks again for welcoming me to the Property Hub family and look forward to meeting you all along our journeys :)

PS: if there are any P-Hubbers investing in liverpool or live local then it would be lovely to network with you.

Hey Javan,

Welcome.

I'm also in the Cyber field and investing in very similar properties that you've mentioned although in Huddersfield & Halifax. Would be great to chat a little more about our experiences in both property and cyber!

Drop me a DM if you'd like to have a chat.

Cheers,

Adam.