Viewing Services

Hello!

I'm an expat living in Hong Kong. I have three properties currently in the Midlands and would like to continue investing, probably in Birmingham city centre but possibly elsewhere.

My main problem is viewing property. I have looked at services such as Viewber, but their reports don't seem too detailed. Does anyone have any experiences using them? Or is someone able to recommend an alternative?

Thanks in advance for your help!

AJWT

Hi

I used Viewber a couple of weeks ago. The property was tenanted and being managed by an agent that I have worked with for a number of years and so was relatively low risk. The viewing was more of a confirmation for me to be honest as knew the area and had a fairly good idea of the property from agents videos. I got the cheapest package which was 35 pounds and included videos of the rooms and some photos and a written report, the report wasn't the best but this might be because I got the cheap one. I am not sure what the more expensive ones were like but guess they would more detailed. 

I would definitely use again and have the process of buying this property so far (not exchanged yet) has opened my eyes up to the massive potential of buying tenanted houses, particularly if there is a long term tenant and the agent can prove they are up to date with rent. I think as an expat this is a strategy which could work well, and there is every chance that there will be a lot of landlords selling up over the next few years. 

I think if I was doing an extensive refurb I would want eyes on myself at some point or from a trusted contact, but would certainly use viewber as a means to be able to make an offer.

You should check out the latest episode of the Rodcast podcast which has an interview with the founder of viewber.

David M Slater ACMA 

Accufy Accounting  - Proactive accounting for property investors 

0208 242 4926    info@accufy.uk

Hi AJWT

I used Viewber in Aug 2019 for a property that I ended up purchasing. Utilised the Silver option (£54 at the time), which had a report and photos. There wasn't a lot of commentary for items that didn't apply, but a few lines where the viewer called certain things out. I added extra questions/checks at the end of the report for the viewer to ask which he responded to which was good. I went to visit the property after purchase to collect the keys and it was aligned to the report.

Obviously if you're there in person you can be more detailed in what to look for. But as David mentioned above, if you're familiar with the area, and have confidence with your due diligence and number crunching, then it's worth looking in to. Saved me a return train ticket from London and the time it would've taken me to get there and back. 

Personal Blog: https://abcdad.co.uk
Property Spreadsheet and Deal Analyser: https://abcdad.co.uk/property-spreadsheet
Looking to read some Property books? https://abcdad.co.uk/books/property-books
Follow on Instagram: @abc.dad

10 hours ago, DerekT said:

Saved me a return train ticket from London and the time it would've taken me to get there and back. 

This is a good point, I think Viewber can be hugely cost effective if you are investing far away from home. It can prevent you having to find 'filler' viewings to make the trip worthwhile when there might only be 1 property you are interested in. It also save a lot of travel time.

David M Slater ACMA 

Accufy Accounting  - Proactive accounting for property investors 

0208 242 4926    info@accufy.uk

• 1 month later...

I think rather than using Viewber you are better off trying to make a trusted contact on the ground in the areas you are looking at. 

Viewber can work, but nothing beats someone you know and trust and have built a relationship with. How long have you been investing?

On 1/4/2021 at 12:55 PM, ajwt said:

Hello!

I'm an expat living in Hong Kong. I have three properties currently in the Midlands and would like to continue investing, probably in Birmingham city centre but possibly elsewhere.

My main problem is viewing property. I have looked at services such as Viewber, but their reports don't seem too detailed. Does anyone have any experiences using them? Or is someone able to recommend an alternative?

Thanks in advance for your help!

AJWT