Invest in Blyth

Hello,

I am just wondering what peoples thoughts are of a town in Northumberland called Blyth? 

It has recently been announced that blyth will be benefiting from the uks first gigaplant that will manufacture electric car batteries. At a cost of 2.6bn and will create 8000 jobs 

Blyth is also benefiting form a shear of 1bn to revitalise the town, with plans to bring back a old train line for better transport in to Newcastle and the surrounding areas.

I am just wondering what people's thoughts are of this town, and if it could be a good place to invest.

Thanks 

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ian

I couldn't help but have a look at some properties in Blyth on Rightmove out of interest when I saw the news article about this a few weeks ago. You would think that over the next few years this could have a big impact on prices and rents as affordability increases owing to good wages being paid.

I am from Cumbria and am hoping that the government is going to approve the construction of a new Nuclear power station soon as part of its new green drive. If and when this happens I looked at the impact on rents in Bridgewater since Hinkley Point C is being built in the SW. The results seem to be fairly significant as this Guardian article discusses. It seems likely that a similar pattern could follow with a new nuclear power station or giga factory being built. 

David M Slater ACMA 

Accufy Accounting  - Proactive accounting for property investors 

0208 242 4926    info@accufy.uk

Hi David.

The article in the guardian was a interesting read. I was not originally going to invest in my local area of blyth, but with the investments coming into the area this might change my mind.

I will post back on here in the future to let you know the effects the gigaplant has had on the area. Good or bad

Cheers 

Ian 

Ian

I think investing close to home is never a bad thing as long as it stacks up. It sounds like your area may have some strong fundamentals if this gigaplant gets built.

Best of luck and I look forward to hearing how you get on.

David M Slater ACMA 

Accufy Accounting  - Proactive accounting for property investors 

0208 242 4926    info@accufy.uk

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ian,

I hope you're well.

After reading this post, I did some digging myself and can see that the development of the 'Gigafactory' will produce a great deal of jobs. It is worth noting that planning permission has is set to be submitted on the 1st March and therefore has not yet been approved, however, I am sure the pre-app was well received and it will go ahead as planned. Worth keeping an eye on though!

I am not familiar with the area - are you able to point out some nearby neighbourhoods that I should look out for?

Thanks,

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

Fingers crossed the Gigafactory will be built. I'm very hopeful it will. I have been paying close attention to anything related to the Gigafactory, and it all seems positive. Everything seems to be running smoothly. 

Like any other town or city, Blyth has some great neighbourhoods, some bad neighbourhoods and some neighbourhoods you don't what to enter out of fear that you wont make it back out. There has been and there are currently, a lot of new build developments popping up in Blyth. 2,3,4,5 bedroom houses, which are all in good areas of Blyth. One neighbourhood I will advise you to avoid is Hambledon St, and the streets within close proximity. 

Feel free to message me any time for my thoughts on any particular area/neighbourhood you are looking at in Blyth. I will more then happy to help.