Good Areas to invest in Doncaster

Hi guys can anyone point me in the right direction for the good and bad areas for Doncaster, I am currently building research on various areas before I commit to one, Doncaster seems to match my Criteria and I am keen on getting a better understanding before pursuing further. Any help would be appreciated, thank you. 

Hi Luke,

I’m currently purchasing a BTL in lakeside in Doncaster. I got sent the below list from a local letting agent of good/bad areas. The main areas to avoid seem to be Hexthorpe, Highfields, Stainforth and some parts of Edlington.

Affluent Areas

Bessacarr

Sprotbrough

Lakeside/New build

Woodfield Plantation

Warmsworth

Tickhill

Bawtry

Kirk Sandall/ Edenthorpe/ Barnby Dun

Norton

Scawsby

Scawthorpe

Cusworth

Adwick le Street

Hatfield

Good Areas

Wheatley (Most Parts)

Askern (Not Village End)

Bentley (Most Parts)

Auckley

Armthorpe

Cantley

Rossington (Not New Rossington)

Misson

Edlington (Keepmoat development or the Cricket estate)

Average

Balby

Wheatley (Some parts)

Intake (Some parts some parts good)

Edlington

Bentley (Parts Of)

Poor Area

Town Centre (Terrace properties)

Hexthorpe

Highfields

Stainforth

Woodlands

Edlington

• 2 weeks later...

That's interesting to hear. What's wrong with terraced houses in the town centre?

I'm purchasing a house in Balby, about 15 mins walk from the railway station. I have focused my search on houses with good yields within walking distance from the train station, as I don't have a car! (And because it's complicated figuring out how buses work in a new town!)

Hi there,

That was a list sent to me by a local letting agent. From looking in Doncaster you'll find that prices go up and yields tend to come down as you look in the more affluent areas. I'm trying to find the sweet spot of the areas... would be interested in hearing your experience in Balby.

I'm looking all over Doncaster and in Balby too as can get some decent enough ~£80k terraced properties with a good yield. From speaking to local letting agents it seems to be just some areas around the town centre to avoid - e.g. Hexthorpe as can get more anti-social behaviour and more trouble tenants there.

Bentley seems to be a good area with decent yields on ~£80-90k terraced properties. 

Luke