Boiler recommendations for BTL portfolio landlord

Hi All

i am looking to replace x5 boilers. They are all 2/3 bedroom terrace properties. Could anyone recommend a make and model which has the best balance for price vs reliability. (Low to mid range price bracket) 

thank you 

Will be dependent upon if you are talking combis or system / heat only boilers. 

Ideal have come back in favour these days and they like Baxi's are what i call the Fords and Vauxhalls of the boiler world. Mid range, nothing special, but generally reliable and tried and tested in most homes.

Agree that you designated engineer will know best and most usually have a preferred Brand where they get incentives and can also offer extended warranties 10yrs + based on their preferred installer status.

If you're buying 5 all at once you should get a cracking deal - if you have a regular gas fitter then go to him and see what he can come up with. In fact ring any local fitter who comes recommended and tell them your situation and they'll be able to present you with a number of options with different warranty timeframes.

We actually use Valiant in all our properties because of the relationship we have with them (they want to be nice to use as we've just splashed out £12k on a new air source system). Prices are competitive, if not still a little higher than some would pay, but if you're planning on holding the property for 10+ years then it should pay off down the line.

On 1/31/2021 at 1:29 PM, yaserj said:

Hi All

i am looking to replace x5 boilers. They are all 2/3 bedroom terrace properties. Could anyone recommend a make and model which has the best balance for price vs reliability. (Low to mid range price bracket) 

thank you 

Hi @yaserj

Whereabouts in the country are you? We can certainly look to help you out here, drop me a DM and can send some quotes across. 

Are they all near enough same properties or will there be a difference in the KW of boiler required?

As above, if buying 5 we can certainly get an attractive deal for yourself from our suppliers.

All the best,

Adam.