Rightmove - What do you LOVE and HATE about Rightmove?

On 2/12/2021 at 9:44 AM, Scooby said:

I love that you can draw an area but if you could filter: 
a) Out certain agents who you'll just never work with 
b) By lease, share of the freehold and freehold properties

That's really interesting - on a) is there a key reason why you "would never work with certain agents"? Is it just that you have had back experience with them in the past, or is there another reason why you might rule out an agent?

On b) that's interesting - something I think @jody b also highlighted. How do you discover whether a property is leasehold or freehold (or anything other)  - do you just have to read the property listing and hope that it is put in there?

• 1 month later...

@Daniel Spencer 

On a) My main reason being is that not all Estate Agents are created equally (thankfully) and some are known for over pricing; completely unwilling to negotiate on the price (therefore you lack confidence that they will even put the offer forward to the vendor) and employ pressure sales tactics (I'm in sales and therefore spot this quite quickly) but unfortunately these "agents" do get results and typically in bull markets. So I'd rather just not see the properties that they are marketing. 

on b) I don't mind reading through the description but when you are looking at a certain area in which to invest it would be great to be able have this filter. My initial strategy when looking an area to invest in a new area is to look at flat(s) in urban/city center areas and my preference is to have a share of the freehold vs. a pure leasehold.

I hope that this helps. Best regards, Paul

I would like it if when you save a property, there was a way of adding/linking some notes to it. 

Also, I would like an option to to be able to access nearby rental/let agreed prices from the original listing. 

I apologise if things like this are available on the actual site but most of my browsing is done via the App. 

16 hours ago, johnh said:

I would like it if when you save a property, there was a way of adding/linking some notes to it. 

Also, I would like an option to to be able to access nearby rental/let agreed prices from the original listing. 

I apologise if things like this are available on the actual site but most of my browsing is done via the App. 

I’ve recently switched to the website when viewing as they have a notes section, agree having notes on app would be better

On 2/9/2021 at 7:57 PM, Daniel Spencer said:

That's interesting, so just to separate leasehold from freehold properties? Would you want to also see the PA cost of the leasehold and other details like lease remaining?

I prefer to see the service and ground rent charges in the advert. Allows me to consider leasehold at time rather than having to bother agent and waste more time.

If it’s tenanted, I like to see rental amount, and length of term on lease. I know you can switch agents, but often as it’s the same agent selling that manages it, your offer is put forward in a better light if they retain the business.