Getting a mortgage with pension income

Hi all, new to the forum so please excuse any poor etiquette! I'm 55, working part-time and looking to start drawing down on my pension (SIPP) in about a year's time. We currently own our own home without a mortgage, it's probably worth about £600k, but would like to see if we could borrow another £150k so we could buy a bigger place as we may well need to house ageing parents! As the pension would be our only source of income, would this be possible? For reference , the pension pot is around £800k.

All advice appreciated.

20 hours ago, westy said:

Hi all, new to the forum so please excuse any poor etiquette! I'm 55, working part-time and looking to start drawing down on my pension (SIPP) in about a year's time. We currently own our own home without a mortgage, it's probably worth about £600k, but would like to see if we could borrow another £150k so we could buy a bigger place as we may well need to house ageing parents! As the pension would be our only source of income, would this be possible? For reference , the pension pot is around £800k.

All advice appreciated.

Why dont you take the 150k out of your pension? It would be tax free. No mortgage repayments either 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Vin Gupta
Property Investor and Developer
UK Property Blog: https://evolutionblogger.com/article/uk-property-articles
Travel Blog: https://soulfultravelguy.com/

On 2/12/2021 at 3:03 PM, EvolutionBlogger said:

Why dont you take the 150k out of your pension? It would be tax free. No mortgage repayments either 

Would it not be better to leave my pension pot in tact, where it may return 5/7% pa, and borrow via an interest only mortgage at 2/3% a year?