Re wire cost

My last property, also a 2 bed semi, had a full rewire with new consumer unit, re-plastered walls, and ceilings throughout, and a new high spec kitchen with fitted appliances, came in at £25k all told including solid flooring, new door linings and doors, skirting boards etc, and waste removal. Of that, £3,280 was apportioned to rewiring!

Starting to wonder if I've been mugged or not!

The new valuation does cover the expense, and yields a net profit though.

1 hour ago, matt1986 said:

My last property, also a 2 bed semi, had a full rewire with new consumer unit, re-plastered walls, and ceilings throughout, and a new high spec kitchen with fitted appliances, came in at £25k all told including solid flooring, new door linings and doors, skirting boards etc, and waste removal. Of that, £3,280 was apportioned to rewiring!

Starting to wonder if I've been mugged or not!

The new valuation does cover the expense, and yields a net profit though.

I've been charged 3.5k if that makes you feel better... ha ha. I think I've overpaid a little, but I know this team is top notch, so I know itll be done once and that's it, and they will refit the carpets that are there, new lights and what have you included... plus they can do it quickly. I guess convenience costs. Thankfully there are plasterers and decorators in the family.